Started by Dan/Panther, September 18, 2008, 04:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingster

Here's the instructions, Dan, so you can see what's involved:

http://www.telephonecollectors.org/library/weco/n205.pdf
= DARRIN =

Dan/Panther

Bingster;
Are these instructions pretty straight forward for other type dial set ups.
All joking aside, are these contraptions pretty much acceptable in the collector circles, or do they frown upon such things ?

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bingster

The changes are completely reversible, so I don't think there's any reason to fear using a mini network inside one of these phones.  It's all a matter of taste as to whether or not to use one.  Some folks prefer to do things strictly as they were done by the Bell System, while others will make reversible changes to make a phone a bit more practical in the modern sense.

If you go to this page, and scroll down a few sections, you'll see a  section called "Method of mounting N-205 Mini Network inside of a B1/102 set."  In that section are four PDFs that show different wiring diagrams for this mini network, including how to hook it up to other brands of phones.  I haven't examined each closely, but they should all be about the same.  When dealing with big wall-mounted subsets, the wires of the phone's mounting cord generally always go on the same terminals, so I would think they should on these tiny "subsets" too.

http://www.telephonecollectors.org/library/weco/weco.htm
= DARRIN =

Bill

Quote from: bingster on September 18, 2008, 10:32:41 AM
You need a subset (bell box) for that one, Dan. I can't remember the whole list of subsets that will be suitable, but I remember they include the 634, 684, and 685 subsets.
Mine has a 334A, which I read somewhere is electrically equivalent to a 595.

Bill