News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Happy 4th Birthday to us!

Started by McHeath, September 03, 2012, 04:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McHeath

Well September 4th marks the forum's 4th birthday!  Cake all around!

Looking back over the stats I see that of the original 10 members, 4 of them are still active.  Pretty impressive really.  Of the original 20 members, 7 are still active.  

As of just now there are 983 members.  

Brief history lesson.  Mark Stevens started this forum as a spinoff from his website ClassicRotaryPhones.  Mark had many interests, including old style TV lamps, and eventually he turned over the forum to Dennis Markham.  Dennis has kept this ship afloat beautifully, spending a lot of time, and even paying the bills, and is, in my humble opinion, largely responsible for it's success.  Hats off to him!

And of course the forum has allowed a surprisingly large number of fellow old phone fans to gather, share info and ideas, and create a fun community.  

Happy fourth birthday everyone.  Now have another slice of cake. :)

Doug Rose

Very Impressive!!!....Who are the the original members still active from first 20? Congrats to all our founding members and to Dennis for keeping us afloat!...Doug
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

Thanks Heath!  Happy Birthday to the Rotary Phones Forum.  It's a group effort and would not be possible without all of you.  I thought about the anniversary a week or so ago and then it slipped my mind until Heath mentioned the date. 

Doug, if you click on the Members List and then click the "Date Registered" you will be able to see the chronological order of when individuals joined.  Maybe we'll have to shake a few branches to see if we can't get some of the others to get back into the conversations.

McHeath

Those still active of the original 20 members are:

Dennis Markham
Me  (mcheath)
JorgeAmely
Dan/Panther
Bill Cahill
Shovelhead
Bill

Other members such as Bingster, BDM, and Benhutcherson have been active this year but not in the last few months.  

AE_Collector

Quote from: McHeath on September 03, 2012, 04:49:29 PM
Happy fourth birthday everyone.  Now have another slice of cake. :)

Unfortunately my slice of cake is stuck at Canada Customs and the shipper wants $45 brokerage fee as well. I'll ask my wife to make one of here cakes and leave the CRPF slice to go moldy at customs.

Thanks for everything (except the slice of cake) Dennis!

Terry

ESalter

I, for one, wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Dennis, so I say hats off to him!  Everyone on here is great, but we couldn't have possibly picked a better person to run the place!  :)

teka-bb

Happy Birthday!!!

Where is the cake? Do I need to bring my own coffee?

=============================================
Regards,

Remco, JKL Museum of Telephony Curator

JKL Museum of Telephony: http://jklmuseum.com/
TCI Library: http://www.telephonecollectors.info/

JorgeAmely

Quote from: McHeath on September 03, 2012, 09:52:44 PM
Those still active of the original 20 members are:

Dennis Markham
Me  (mcheath)
JorgeAmely
Dan/Panther
Bill Cahill
Shovelhead
Bill

Other members such as Bingster, BDM, and Benhutcherson have been active this year but not in the last few months.  

Nice to know I still have a pulse ...   ;D ;D ;D
Jorge

Bingles

This is an amazing forum -- great photo, stories, info and great people!!

Dan/Panther

Happy Birthday CRP forum...Time really flies by.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

rtp129495

I am glad that some people around put time into keeping the WECO memories and hardware alive. they TRULY DO NOT make electronics like that anymore. This forum is awesome, I didnt know it was only 4 years old! I thought it was older!

Happy Birthday CRPF!!!!!

Bill Cahill

Aww, I missed the party!!!!
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

AE_Collector

Party's still going here in Vancouver. Have the rest of you guys bailed out?

Terry