News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Mystery phone.

Started by Greg G., April 20, 2010, 11:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

I went to an estate sale today to get some 78 rpm records.  I picked up a few, and in the course of chatting with the lady, I asked if she had any old rotary phones.  The sale wasn't really going to be for a few more days yet, but she had posted the records on CL.  She said she did have a rotary phone, but it was in a box somewhere and she didn't know which one.  She could only describe it as "very heavy and black", with a "big handset".  I offered to go through all the boxes, but she counter-offered with setting it aside when she found it and would email me a picture.  I don't think it's another black 500 from the description of "heavy" and "big handset", but I won't know for at least a few days.  This will be interesting.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dan/Panther

My guess..
Metal 302.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Jim Stettler

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Greg G.

Quote from: Dan/Panther on April 20, 2010, 11:21:34 PM
My guess..
Metal 302.
D/P

That's the first thing that came to my mind also.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Quote from: Jim S. on April 20, 2010, 11:29:53 PM
Metal SC 1212?
JIm

Oo, a "Fatboy", I've been wanting one of those.  I didn't know there was a metal version.
- Mike Row
e

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Brinybay on April 21, 2010, 01:43:37 PM
Metal SC 1212?
JIm

Oo, a "Fatboy", I've been wanting one of those.  I didn't know there was a metal version.
My mistake, I meant a 1243.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Greg G.

Quote from: Jim S. on April 21, 2010, 01:46:33 PM
Quote from: Brinybay on April 21, 2010, 01:43:37 PM
Metal SC 1212?
JIm

Oo, a "Fatboy", I've been wanting one of those.  I didn't know there was a metal version.
My mistake, I meant a 1243.
Jim

Either one.  She just said "heavy and black", which could apply to a Fatboy too.  Only problem is, this lady does her homework.  When I got there, she had already done some research on 78 rpms and had printouts she found online, and had been talking to a collector.  But, she did say she would set it aside and talk to me first, so we'll have to wait and see.  Like I said, this'll be interesting. 
- Mike Row
e

deedubya3800

Did you ever find anything out about this phone?

Greg G.

Quote from: deedubya3800 on September 05, 2010, 07:28:33 PM
Did you ever find anything out about this phone?

Funny you should ask, I was just thinking the other day that I never did hear back from her.  I'll have to look and see if I still have her email.
- Mike Row
e