News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A Few Phones and a Thank You

Started by Eric CRX, January 11, 2015, 12:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric CRX

Thanks to all the great knowledge on this forum I have been able to rescue a few old phones. I don't have highly desirable phones per se,  but they have been really fun to transform back to their former glory.

Also, none of the finger wheels are clicked back into place because I haven't decided what to put in the centers yet. So they are all still a work in progress. I hope to have a place to display them properly so I can add to this page in the future.

Most importantly, thanks to all the forum members for the great information here!

Eric

WesternElectricBen

Nice phones! You have a very good beginning. I really like the first three, they all seem to be soft plastic and include soft center dials, which can be very desirable for 500 collectors.

Ben

WEBellSystemChristian

I have to agree with Ben; the first three are the nicest! I also really like the black 500 with the early dial card!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Mr. Bones

Quote from: Eric CRX on January 11, 2015, 12:24:40 PM
I don't have highly desirable phones per se,  but they have been really fun to transform back to their former glory.
Looks like to me you have a very nice collection of phones! "Desirable" is highly subjective; they make you happy, you enjoy collecting, and restoring them, so that makes them desirable, at least in my eyes. ;D

You have many phones that I don't have, so I think it's all a pretty cool gathering! ;) Keep up the good work, and I'm glad you're here with us.

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

poplar1

Could you provide more dates from the aqua blue 500, such as on the baseplate and the housing? The 8-56 date on the dial is earlier than I would have expected since aqua blue, white, pink, light beige and light gray were all "new" colors
c. 1957.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Eric CRX

Thanks everyone for the kind regards. I have quite a few more phones not pictured yet. They are kinda scattered around and I will add some pics of the rest of the collection. For some reason I really like the open center finger wheel 500's. Soft plastic is fun to look for but I like the newer stuff too. I am working on creating better repro dial cards but, like phone restoration itself, it can be a bit of an art.

I posted the aqua date on the dial because I thought it seemed early. The network and ringer are also 8-56 but I think the shell is 58. I'd have to look again to make sure. It's not all 8-56 I know that. I think there are dates of 1958 on it but I really love the phone. It came out really beautiful even though the caps were stuck/shrunk(?) so bad that I was really worried about breakage. Even had the original dial card which I need to reinsert. Old dial cards are a game within the game. Fun to see the "hidden" content. What a great hobby!

Oh by the way, I learned the aqua date was early because of this forum!
Thanks
Eric

Bartonpipes

Very nice! At the beginning of last year I had three, now I have 15.

It's a sickness but man it is a great way to have fun and learn new things!
-Andrew

Dave203

I really like your phones Eric.
The blue 500, red 2500 and trimlines are my favorites :)