News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Daniel's telephone collection

Started by Daniel B., February 03, 2018, 03:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel B.

Hi my name is Daniel, I live in a French Canada area and I barely speak english. My phone's photos speak a
universal language so you should understand my passion. I am new to the Forum but not new to collecting Telephones.   This is my phone collection. I started to purchase one phone to decorate my house three years ago and I want to show you the actual result. In the beginning, I only had a small idea of history the telephones evolution. I have learned so much on the Classic Rotary Phones Forum. Also, another collector,  Doug Rose allowed me to discover his passion.

I love all phones but I prefer the phones made before 1959, specially those made in soft plastic. I'm born a decade after this period but those phones sat in my environment when I was younger, I like old heavy phones, original fat handset cords, noisy dials with their nice dial cards. I love to have lot of color around me so each time I saw a different phone color, I try to add it to my collection.  I love to restore phones and to search and find missing parts to complete the restoration. I also like any old stuff built for life.

A phone collection is never complete so I will try to add new photos each year. My phone room is not big enough so I have to keep only the best.

Enjoy your visit in my private museum. 

monophone_lover

Rob
ATCA # 4057

WEBellSystemChristian

:o

Wow....just simply incredible!

That's easily a better collection than mine or many others here! I hope you know just how rare some of those are. I see several in your collection that I personally have never seen before, specifically in your 500 department! A phone collection may never be complete...but yours will always be closest to complete! ;)

You have only been collecting for three years? I don't think I could get to that point in the next 30!

Welcome to the forum!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Daniel B.

Thank you so much!

I start 3 years ago...

WEBellSystemChristian

Is that a soft plastic Aqua 554? Western Electric or Northern Electric? I thought that Aqua wasn't available for the 554 until 1960 or so.

Man, so many questions!
Christian Petterson

Doug Rose

What a collection! Really nice Daniel.  Your hard work has paid off.  A Phone Room to be proud of.....great to have you now posting on the Forum.....Welcome.....Doug
Kidphone

Daniel B.

The aqua wall phone is a Northern Electric 593 made in 1960. The shell is made in 1960 June 6 and it's soft plastic made. The handset is Western Electric for now and I have to found the good  one.

Thanks for your questions. I can't reply to all but I will make my possible to do it in my free time...

Welcome to CRPF Daniel,

What a very nice collection.

dlvh

Absolutely remarkable to collect all those in 3 short years...Very Nice!

May I be so bold as to ask, where did you get them all from...Ebay, Garage Sales, Flea Markets?

Daniel B.

I get most of my telephones on Ebay.

HarrySmith

WOW! That is some collection! Welcome to the forum.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

jsowers

Daniel, C'est magnifique. I took French in high school and college, but I'm not fluent. Some on this Forum are, though.

Your collection is remarkable for only three years. Two things came to mind--"wow" and "so that's where all the phones have been going!"  ;D  I haven't been very active bidding on eBay the last few years, though I still look and keep track of all the auctions of soft plastic phones.

With you being in Canada, I can imagine you've paid a fortune in shipping alone to get many of your phones. Your line about liking a lot of color around you is very well said and I agree. I'm glad the Forum has been an inspiration and education for you. May you continue to learn about them and get all the colors you still need of everything. Welcome to the Forum!
Jonathan

AE_Collector

Quote from: HarrySmith on February 03, 2018, 07:42:18 PM
WOW! That is some collection! Welcome to the forum.

Harry....call 911 for Daniel will ya!

Daniel, you've been very busy! I see some nice AE's in the mix there. Good work!

Looks like your AE183A collection is just beginning to take shape? My very first one was the Turquoise one (sea foam green) you have there.

Terry

WEBellSystemChristian

I recognized some of the phones from previous auction contests. You know, the "ones that got away" from so many of us.

At least we know those are in safe hands now!
Christian Petterson

AL_as_needed

Fantastic collection! Love the color 554 sets and the payphone mini booth-et. Just when I think "I have collected enough to  keep me happy", someone such as yourself always gets me hooked on new goals  ::)

Welcome to the family and cant wait to see more of those treasures.
TWinbrook7