News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Thought I'd introduce myself and say how do.

Started by Phoniac, January 17, 2011, 10:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoniac

Thank you and I believe your right about Japan. Mines missing what looks to have been a paper label on the bottom and I can see no other markings outside. I haven't opened'er up yet. Got both of these phones at a tag sale for I think $5 - $15 so at least the price was right. The Ivory one is a Japan made one and they both seem to be made well. I like the cloth covered cordage on them too.
Ya know, I lied. I did have it cracked open because I buffed the brass on my buffer, just don't remember what the heck was inside. Just goes to show ya the mind can go quickly.

Craig T

Welcome aboard Phoniac, here is a thread about electric fans if you are interested.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1239.0

Nice collection of phones you have too!

Phoniac

Thank you Craig and I recognize that first fan that was posted as a fellow Fan club members of mine. That's a little 10" Hamilton Beach rebadged for Western Electric. Neat fans but there made of all pot-metal and are rare to find with good nickel plating. This one was chromed and I imagine was very expensive to do because pot-metal has to be specially plated with a copper clad first or it'll just bubble up. Most platers wont even look at pot-metal.