News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Opening Day Brimfield

Started by Doug Rose, May 12, 2015, 05:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Janet and I went to Brimfield today. Seven hours of walking....it is huge. Not a great haul but all of this for under $175. 12 WE early 500 dial blanks included in a box of parts, that was really parts. a 4H dial, a brass 5H from 1/49. Many 202 bottom covers. A good time was had by Jan and me.
As John Lennon said..."cleanup time!" I need a shower..Doug
Kidphone

WEBellSystemChristian

Great finds! I have a "1st flea market of the year" I will be attending on Sunday, but I never find anything more than 4 or 5 phones or phone-related items worth bringing home there!

Just when I feel special and warm inside for finding a rare 95A blank on ebay, you go out to a flea market and come back with 12 of 'em!  ;D
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

persido

Wow Doug awesome finds, 7 hours of walking....ouch, I wanted to go, but work is crazy busy.

Scot

Doug Rose

Scot....I look forward to it, like opening day with the Sox. I did not get anything good for me like was was hoping, I still long for that Manual WE A1. We had wonderful weather and I got some decent prices. It is an Antique Show and a lot of prices are high end antique prices, but I got both sticks for $30 each. Janet almost died when I got the dial operator WE stick for $30. I do not have one, so it might be a keeper. The brass one is a lamp, but not ruined with drilling.

I felt those seven hours of walking getting to the train this morning.

My prize find was an 8" amber ashtray.....why? I found a antique ashtray wood stand and re finshed it last year. It came out amazing, but when I bought it I thought it was a table. I found the perfect ashtry for $5, fits perfect. I do not smoke, but I had to have it as it was supposed to be. Looks great in the Phone Room with a stick sitting in the ashtray.

If any members are looking for a 95A 500 set blank, PM me with an offer. They will clean up great with a light buff. These are a tough find! Otherwise cleaned up on eBay this weekend.....Doug
Kidphone