News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 302 Won't Ring

Started by gands-antiques, February 12, 2013, 11:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gands-antiques

I had the same problem today with a WE 500 but with the help of the Forum I got it fixed.

==================

Now I have a WE 302 that has a dial tone, will dial out and receive calls but it doesn't ring.
If I pick up the handset when an incoming call is in process I can receive a call but it doesn't ring.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary

Phonesrfun

As far as I can see from the photo, it appears that it is wired properly, although unrelated, the orange line cord wire is almost touching the wire on L2Y next to it.

The bias spring on the ringer appears to be set to be too tight.  Move the bias spring to the other notch and see if it rings.
-Bill G

Doug Rose

I agree with Bill...move the spring all the way to the opposite end....Doug
Kidphone

HowardPgh

Widen the distance between the two gongs,-
Howard
Howard

gands-antiques

Thanks guys.   You all were exactly right.

I separated the two lines that were close to touching, moved the spring to the center position, adjusted the position of the two bells and the ringer came to life.

It always amazes me how you all can diagnose these phones with just a few photos.

Bill...I doubt you will remember this because of all of the people you help, but you helped me get my first 202 and 685A subset wired and working when I joined the Forum in Jan 2012.

THANKS AGAIN!!
Gary

Phonesrfun

-Bill G