News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Green 1500 - Gone In A Flash!

Started by HarrySmith, October 17, 2018, 05:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

I saw this Green 1500 listed at $20.00 with BIN. I clicked on it & it was gone! Listed at 5:07 gone at 5:08! Gotta be quick!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113315765155
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Pourme

Hate it when I blink and loose one like that.

Very similar to my 12/65 green 1500, FOM Sept 2017.

Described here: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=18867.msg194029#msg194029
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Partyline4

There's definitely an ocd forum member Thai spends all day checking new listings... I try to do it as much as possible

andre_janew

The WE 1500 phones usually go for WAY more than $20, especially the color ones.  That is why it was gone in a flash!

Partyline4

Here's someone who knew what they had...I saw the listing here around 2am my time, and thought it was 12.50 at first....sigh

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202484687014

No need for me to sit and watch the auctions for one. I already own 2, one of each style.  :)

FABphones

I've got a couple of phones here that might look good in your green collection Doug.  ;)
Sometimes these coloured phones find me...  :(
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Quote from: FABphones on October 29, 2018, 05:49:54 AM
I've got a couple of phones here that might look good in your green collection Doug.  ;)
Sometimes these coloured phones find me...  :(

Yes, I believe they would. I know the feeling, phones are always finding me.  ;)
I have a special Trimphone with some green on it.  ;D

FABphones

Quote from: Duffy on October 29, 2018, 05:57:21 AM

Yes, I believe they would. I know the feeling, phones are always finding me.  ;)
I have a special Trimphone with some green on it.  ;D

I remember that Jubilee Trimphone was with you, it's lonesome, it needs a Trimphone cousin to have a pint with down the *Dog n Bone...   ;)

*A popular pub name and also rhyming slang for phone  ;D
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

compubit

The GPO Trimphone is one phone I want, but quite haven't picked one up yet - too many modern knock-offs from what I see...

I remember seeing it in a London phone book at the library back in the late 70s/early 80s.  Yes, I was the weird kid who went to the phone book section of the library to look up exchanges, phone area calling maps, and (for many non-Bell System books) ads for phone models available from the local telco.

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!