News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I'm giving an oldie the gel treatment.

Started by Dan/Panther, June 06, 2009, 01:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

I may try this on my turquoise 554. it's not as bad as the before photos that you guys are posting.
a step by step tutorial with photos would be great in the tech section here. 
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

bingster

What do you do about the ultra-violet light, or do you find that part isn't necessary?
= DARRIN =

Dan/Panther

I do have a couple UV lights but I didn't use them. I might try that on a white Princess I'm going to do next.
Wait I forgot, before I do the Princess, I plan to do my teeth.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dan

Dan/p, looks like the 15-20% will work. Others please observe the thread Dennis has referred to. Dan/P I know when the stuff dries it is somewhat hard to get off, but if you soak it in a hot bucket of water for about 10 minutes, the stuff comes off easily with a wash rag.

According to an earlier post by finlover, he had less success with a moss green. I did too and overdid it with 40% and made the frosty phone. I got the camera back and will finally repost the picture, Dennis , I believe requested it a few weeks ago. .

So far it looks like Pink and white are good with this technique. white can go up to 40% , while pink should stay 15 -20.

WHAT IS ESPECIALLY EXCITING TO ME ABOUT YOUR CASE DAN/P IS THAT YOUR PHONE LOOKS faded, not yellowed. So the "fade' is actually reversed or actually the yellowing process faded a pink phone and the peroxide removed the yellow fading and brought out the pink..

I will do my Salmon pink one. It is hard plastic. I can compare it to yours Dan/p. Pictures to come sunday or monday. Thanks
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dan

PS Dan/P, I AM a dentist, i HOPE YOU ARE kidding about your teeth!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

JorgeAmely

Dan/P:

Can I send you my set of false teeth? They are kind of cruddy with all the tobacco and Diet Pepsi I have been burning and ingesting the last 40 years!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jorge

HobieSport

Quote from: Steve
a step by step tutorial with photos would be great in the tech section here.  

Yes indeedy!  I mean for phones.  Not the teeth. ;)

Has anyone tried the peroxide gel method on an aqua phone?
-Matt

McHeath

Dan

I have tried it on an aqua, worked well. This was before I figured out how to do digital pics.

I did a moss green in 40% as a guinea pig and it was way too strong. Here's the pic I promised Dennis a LONG time ago.

here's a yellowed Pink pre peroxide

It's gonna go overnight in a solution around 17% under a 100 watt bulb. I'll post the after pictures tomorrow.It is in pretty good shape really, but I bet after seeing Dan/Panther's pink one, it will be perfect!

Dan

Here's a white pre peroxide

Post peroxide

I even whitened the vinyl cord with this one, so it will work on vinyl (it did for me here)

Steve

You should list that green one on ebay as " RARE! marbleized two tone moss green!"  and " the only one I have ever seen in my years of collecting!"
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,

JorgeAmely

Dan:

I see a business opportunity here. Are you taking any orders?  ;D
Jorge

Steve

That moss green phone is leaps and bounds better than some on ebay right now.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/loknw4
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,

Dan/Panther

Here are my Next Peroxide Victims..
D/P

Dan/Panther

Dan;
I'm anxious to see how it turns out as it's not real bad the way it is.
D/P