Started by WEBellSystemChristian, November 02, 2013, 06:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaphod01

Here's the link:

http://tinyurl.com/oyyg3g7

"Things are never so bad they can't be made worse." - Humphrey Bogart

poplar1

Quote from: Contempra on November 05, 2013, 02:57:22 PM

Je me souviens qu'à une certaine époque, qu'on pouvait , oui, avoir une deuxieme ligne pour une personne supplémentaire dans la maison . La seule différence c'est que la sonnerie du téléphone n'était pas la même. une sonnerie pour la normalité ou si un copain appelait , alors c'était une sonnerie différente. C'est comme ça que je savais que l'appel n'était pas pour moi mais pour fiston . (I remember one time we could, yes, have a second line for an extra person in the house. The only difference is that the ringer was not the same. ringing for normality or a buddy called, so it was a different tone. That's how I knew the call was not for me but for son)

"Appel personnalisé$8.95 . Ayez un autre numéro sur votre ligne actuelle, avec sa propre sonnerie."  ("Call personalized $ 8.95.
Have another number on your current line with his own ring. ")

http://www.bell.ca/Telephonie/Creer_votre_solution_telephonie
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Contempra

Yes I know David... thanks but my provider is not Bell Canada...;)

poplar1

Quote from: Contempra on November 05, 2013, 09:27:57 PM
Yes I know David... thanks but my provider is not Bell Canada...;)

Québec-Téléphone/Telus?

But is that the option that you are referring to, having 2 different phone numbers on one line, not two lines?

C'est-il Québec-Téléphone/Telus? 

Mais, c'est bien l'option "appel personnalisé" et non deux lignes uniques chez vous?

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Contempra

Non David pas Telus mais  Vidéotron

no David, my provider is Vidéotron...

Vidéotron est une compagnie qui fournit le cable pour la télévision, la téléphonie et internet

Vidéotron is a company  who provides the cable for, TV, phone and Internet together in a simple cable ( COAX )

I changed my phone provider because Bell is too tiring with its advertising by mail, email and telemarketing. This is disturbing

WEBellSystemChristian

Ok, got the phone yesterday, and managed to finish it that night, with the exception of the dial, which still needs to be powder coated. It's pretty cold and damp this morning in Wisconsin, so I took some quick pictures outside.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

George Knighton

In the days that 5302's were around, it's very possible that OV3 was in downtown Richmond.

I mean, not that I'm old enough to remember those days or anything like that.

0_o
Annoying new poster.

George Knighton

I have two 5302's.  One has an F1 handset and the other one is a (heavy) G1 handset that is adapted to F1 parts.

The receiver is six holes and has an "H" stamped in the middle of it.
Annoying new poster.

Contempra

What's the year for this phone Christian ? at this point it is cleaned....

WEBellSystemChristian

The 302 base and internals are dated 1951, the shell and dial bezel are dated 1958, and the handset and cord are dated 1964. I hope I come across a GF handset someday.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Contempra

well...anyway this phone is cool and i'd like to have one like this one day....they are rare those who are not refurbished

unbeldi

Quote from: Contempra on November 07, 2013, 12:53:39 PM
well...anyway this phone is cool and i'd like to have one like this one day....they are rare those who are not refurbished
You need to be aware that *all* 5300-series (5302, 5304,... 54xx) were refurbished telephone sets. These were never made 'new'. After Western Electric stopped manufacturing 302-type sets and started to replace the existing sets in the field with newer 500-types, the refurbishing centers accumulated large stockpiles of 302-type parts that had not approached their design service life. As the demand for new-style phones was stressing the supply chain, WeCo created a new housing for the 302-base that looked like a 500-type set. So, starting in approx. August 1955 after they completed the conversion of the F handset to provide similar performance as the G-type, the Bell System installed sets that were converted in the refurbishing shops, not in the factories. This lasted until about 1965.

The model numbers were those of the old 300 or 400-types adding the prefix 5, whence 5302, etc.
So you may see component part dates in these phones from the entire 302 service period. The only clue of creation is the date stamp on the housing, at the inside front edge below the dial opening.

As the electrical performance of these sets was not as flexible as that of the new 500-type, the installation of these sets was limited to the zones with short local loops. They did have some variability in zoning because of the types of handsets available, each with slightly different efficiency: the old F1 type, the F4 with 500-type elements, and the GF with F1/HA1 elements. I am not sure I have seen a 5302 with a G1 handset.

Contempra

This isn't very obvious stuff for a new like me in the field of the phone

Jim Stettler

In the past I have  found bell referances to using a G handset on a 5302 type set. ISTR it was only done under certain circumstances (based on zone) . I think I posted the info somewhere on the forum long ago.

My white 5302 has a Standard G handset and G type elements. I think that was the reason I was reseaching it.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.