News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My display room is coming along.....Now with pictures.....

Started by Bill Cahill, May 19, 2010, 09:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cahill

;D I've been cleanning this room for several weeks. I still have some things to remove, but, have already started moving things in.
I have started with bringing in a second Edison Diamond Disk phonograph, an 1950 16" console RCA Victor tv I'm going to restore, a 1949 GE model  bakelite "Locomotive" 10" tv, my favorite Newcomb trascription player, antique clocks, And, a couple of tube table radios.
I'll be adding more as I finnish cleaning room.
I'll have some pictures in a few days if anyone is interested in seeing them....
I'll have some of my antique phones in there as well, and, one will be live on the line, making for 3 live antique phones.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

McHeath

Jim Stettler

My display room was making progress, then it reversed course again. It is on the back burner for now, due to summer projects.
Jim

Looking forward to seeing your photos Bill, with luck it will jump start me again. Vern P.'s photos got me going last time.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Bill Cahill

Hope to have some pics in a few days. Trying to get more cleanning up done in there, first. It won't look beutiful. Just cleanner, and, usable.
Tried a phone in there last night. Line is dead.  ??? :o :(
Guess it's time to call Verizon over for some more repairs.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Bill Cahill

;D I have to do this in two batches, but, here are pictures of finnished room.
I also got living room even cleaner.
Bill Cahill

Bill Cahill

;D And, here are the rest.....
Bill Cahill

Note:
I went through my picture folder. It didn't have that one picture, and, that open phone wasn't there, and, isn't in the room.
I don't know where it came from.
I can't explain it....
I re added one of the picture, and, it still didn't take, but, an out of focus one I originally ignored did take. So, here's that one. Plus, I had originally taken 9 pictures, and, until I just added one more, the ninth picture wasn't in My Documents folder.
Computers. You gotta love 'em! NOT!
Bill Cahill

foots

Hey Bill, is that a Predicta I see in one of your pictures?
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Bill Cahill

Yes, it is. I still have to finnish some repairs to it. Most of the work is done, and, it had been playing. But, when I got it it was in a rusty case, with a weak picture tube. Tube has been replaced, and, a much better case is being used with decent paint on it.
A tiny pin connector on flimsey hv lead broke off, and, got lost. I have to work on that, then, I can put it back together, and, try it again.
I've just been so busy.....
The items I love most are nearest the doorway.
They include My Edison phonographs, and, one of my Newcomb record players.
I also deliberately displayed a favorite radio phono in a bakelite case made by Admiral in 1954. It's restored.
I have a few more things I want to clean up, and, a picture of a naked phone was put in there by computer. I have that naked phone, but, not in there. I remembered I moved it. I don't know what happenned to the picture in that series I actually took. I may try to erase that one, or, may just delete entire thing, and, try again.
I only wanted to try to show my pride after the hard work I've done.
I guess some may think I am way behind, but, honestly, I've been working very hard on this project for months, now.
I'm tired, and, I wish to stand back for awhile, and, truly enjoy the fruits of my labors.
I will be adding curtains to that room eventually, also.
Little touch ups here, and, there will be made.
But, as a whole, it is set up the way I like it.
Hope you guys like it also.
Bill Cahill

bwanna

bill, i don't know much about the old televisions & phonographs, but i like them. looks like you have some fine examples.
i have a dresser just like yours. i like your choice in snacks, too  ;)

take a load off now & enjoy the view  :)
donna

Bill Cahill

Yeh, I can't figure out how that one picture got in there. That was taken almost two years ago, I think, in the kitchen, on the kitchen table.
Had no other place to put the phone to look at it...
Somehow, the computer pulled that picture, and, installed it with these pictures. Notice it has the same heading.
I found that one in my documents folder under another heading.
It wasn't originally, and, still isn't with that set of pictures.

Thanks. I've rebuilt most of the cylinder phonographs I own.
That one big  oak one, the Edison Amberola 111,
I got this way, but, needing repairs.
I'm still trying to find parts to replace the missing case parts. It used to be on turned legs with a shelf for cylinder albums on bottom. However, some brilliant person cut the legs off.....

The phono you see with the red horn is an Edison Fireside I picked up a year ago as a junker. It's not any more. I have to still get an original lid, and, put a new needle on the combination K repeoducer I got for it, but, it's playing now....
I picked up that dresser several years back at an antique shop for thirty bucks.
I really enjoy my cylinder machines.
Now, soon, I'll be getting back to my repairs, and, restorations.
I'm taking a break from cleaning for awhile.
Bill Cahill

southernphoneman