News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Xlink on only the rotary phone??

Started by kdpezz, April 14, 2017, 08:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdpezz

Is it possible to use xlink on only the rotary phone in your house and leave the others on my Comcast system?  It's a rotary wall phone.  Someone told me it was possible but I don't see how.  They also told me that I could keep my landline comCast number (had it for decades and not willing to part with it)...again I'm not sure how that would work.  I was trying to get my rotary phone to work on xlink without getting rid of my home phone number

poplar1

Yes, if you get the BTTN model from Xlink. It has a jack for connecting your Comcast line (input) and another jack (output) that you can connect one or more phones to -- either Touch-Tone, rotary, or a mixture. You can leave the other phones as they are. However, you will still have a monthly bill from Comcast.

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

AL_as_needed

Just be mindful of where you plan on attaching the xlink to your home system. If you want the wall phone, and only the wall phone to run on xlink, that would mean it would need to be isolated from the rest of the house network.

I use xlink in my apartment (including a wall phone) and have it feed into on of the baseboard jacks. However, i do not have a land line service connected.
TWinbrook7