News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Sunday Morning Flea Markets

Started by Doug Rose, May 30, 2011, 10:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Jan and I went to Maine yesterday to visit her Dad. We got up at 4:00 and hit two flea markets on the way up before meeting him for breakfeat at 10AM. Phone stuff:

four 302s

two sticks

1 5302

1 61 500 set

1 broken mod 500 set for parts

1 202

a newer polycom sound point

A Brown Bakelite clock

Bell System, WE Call station. Paint is really in fine shape, never seen one this nice

A great day at the fleas for really short money....Doug
Kidphone

Craig T

...and a partridge in a pear tree! What a haul! Have you been any further into them yet, checking dates and stuff?

Not a bad start with a breakfast and a car load of phones all before noon!!

Doug Rose

Craig..... The 202 cleaned up wonderfully, paint is just outstanding Two of the 302s had cracked cases and were just parted out. Found a nice 4H in one, you never know what you are going to find. $5 a piece for broken 302s is a deal. Worth it for just the F1 alone. This will take some time.....take care....Doug
Kidphone

Greg G.

Nice finds!  I'm going to have to take a weekend day off and do some yard sale/flea market hunts with the new gf.  Any activity that involves both of us she's all for.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dennis Markham

Quote from: Brinybay on June 01, 2011, 04:10:52 PM
I'm going to have to take a weekend day off and do some yard sale/flea market hunts with the new gf.  Any activity that involves both of us she's all for.

Careful, you might scare her away with a phone addiction! :)

Greg G.

Quote from: Dennis Markham on June 01, 2011, 05:03:14 PM
Quote from: Brinybay on June 01, 2011, 04:10:52 PM
I'm going to have to take a weekend day off and do some yard sale/flea market hunts with the new gf.  Any activity that involves both of us she's all for.

Careful, you might scare her away with a phone addiction! :)

To the contrary.  I asked her what rotary dial phone she would like for her place, thinking should would shrug her shoulders and let me choose, which would have been one of the more common phones I have, but NO, she said she likes the D1 w/E1 handset!  Fortunately, I have one I was putting together and I think I'll use this latest 302 I got for a subset.  Can't say I blame her, those are my favorite too!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Phonesrfun

Gee, then you'll have to move in with each other to get your phone back!   ;D

Aww what can I say!  I am getting re-married to my ex.  Fortunately, she already knows full well of my phone addiction!

She has even gotten to the point where she knows some of the different phone styles.
-Bill G

deedubya3800

I have banned myself from all flea markets, antique malls, yard sales, auctions, swap meets, estate sales, &c until further notice. ::)