"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

repro candle stick ringer not working??

Started by axil, November 27, 2012, 12:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

What are you ringing it with? A "real" phone line, not a VOIP line

Do other phones with real bells ring on the line?

Terry

axil

using real line other phones are ringing on same line.

Phonesrfun

Did it work before, and if so, what changed?
-Bill G

axil

Quote from: Phonesrfun on November 27, 2012, 06:16:04 PM
Did it work before, and if so, what changed?

I obtained it about 6 months ago and i'm pretty sure I tested it then and it worked. So nothing changed other than sitting for 6 months. I do think someone else had it opened up as one of the screws was loose.

thx dave

axil

Quote from: HarrySmith on November 27, 2012, 05:32:08 PM
I agree the metal piece on the end is bent out of shape. It is hard to tell from that angle but there appears to be a slot in the other piece near the bottom it maybe is supposed to slip into?

Hi Harry if you are referring to the round plate in the middle there is no slot on it.

stub

axil,
      Clean out the air gap between the plate and round center post of the electromagnet  on reply # 10.  It looks like something is stuck there ( redneck ringer cutoff) ;D.  Hope this helps.  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

axil

Quote from: stub on November 27, 2012, 11:36:02 PM
axil,
      Clean out the air gap between the plate and round center post of the electromagnet  on reply # 10.  It looks like something is stuck there ( redneck ringer cutoff) ;D.  Hope this helps.  stub

Thx stub I will do that when I get back home tonight. It does look like a felt pad(or something) so I thought it might belong there.

AE_Collector

Good eyes Stub. I couldn't see that. If so, someone "turned the ringer off" by bending the backstop and putting a piece of felt in there".

Terry

stub

Terry,
         I like your new avatar even if it is just paint!
 axil ,
        If it works, after trash removal , you may have to bend the stop back down so the clapper can strike it to make some noise . stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

axil

well it looks like its going to work. :)
I just need to re-solder some loose wires.
Thx for all your help guys. I just got an education on these repros.  ;D

dave