News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Aqua Blues are getting expensive

Started by Gilas, August 06, 2012, 05:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilas

I saw that the last couple Aqua Blue phones have sold for over $100.  Here is the one that is currently on http://tinyurl.com/br566m4.  Glad I got one a couple weeks ago on Ebay that just needed some cleaning for $25 with free shipping.  Any clue why the feeding frenzy on the aqua prices?

LM Ericsson

Maybe because it is a popular color these days??
Regards,
-Grayson

TelePlay

Quote from: lowrey340 on August 06, 2012, 05:31:08 PM
Any clue why the feeding frenzy on the aqua prices?

Seems almost everything is expensive on eBay lately, even junk. Also, the quality of listed phones has decreased. There is the occasional find at a good price but they seem to be few and far in between.

AE_Collector

And here I thought that generally ebaY prices are off lately. I think it is just the normal all over the place ebaY prices.

Terry

TelePlay

Quote from: AE_collector on August 06, 2012, 09:41:16 PM
And here I thought that generally ebaY prices are off lately. I think it is just the normal all over the place ebaY prices.

Terry

Could the difference be WE vs AE?  :D

twocvbloke

It's definitely a seller's market at the moment, so probably the best time to sell and make some money, at least, for things that fetch such high prices... :D

Gilas

Wow it ended at 304.99.  Gotta be a happy seller

McHeath

Aqua seems to be hot.  A couple of years ago I paid something like 125 for an aqua 1500, which was way too much.

WesternElectricBen

I notice the same thing, that's my favorite color so this is a bad thing.

Ben

AE40FAN

I see a NOS 500 soft plastic '59 went for almost 500.  What shocks me most is that a modularized princess phone that looks like it's from the early 80's just went for 118.00!! 

david@london

........the 59 NOS  aqua which went for $425 is dated 10/59 on the base .......so can't be soft plastic......... unless the housing is earlier, which seems unlikely as it's all fresh out of the box. i asked the seller to confirm the date inside the shell but received no reply.  seller doing a bit of misrepresentation there.

Dennis Markham

David, when I saw that date of October of '59 I also thought that it is not soft plastic, despite the claim.  That's a lot of money for an Aqua 500, even NOS that isn't soft plastic.  I did not ask for further information.

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

TelePlay

Quote from: poplar1 on August 12, 2012, 11:46:46 AM
Is there a link to the NOS 500?

Makes me think I got a deal on this matching date 1961 Aqua Blue 500 - but it didn't come in a box with instruction and a wall mount. It's not soft plastic and it needs the peroxide treatment but was only $24 plus $11 for shipping, in early June. It was a BIN auction I snagged within 5 minutes of it being listed. Prices have increased since then.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290726773966