News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ericophone and FeTap wiring help

Started by sweat100, July 08, 2013, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweat100

Hi, I am new to this forum and have just started in appreciating the mechanics and design of classic phones. I have recently acquired two phones from Netherlands which both have a 3 wire conductor at the end. I would need to seek help from fellow gurus on how to wire them to a standard RJ-11 plug.

For the Ericophone, there are blue, red and yellow wires. Which wire is the tip and ring. Also which should of the two wires that should be connected together?
For the Siemens FeTap 611-2a, there are brown, white and green wires. The same question applies for the ericophone.

stub

sweat100 ,
            Welcome to the CRPF!!! Go to this link - http://www.ericofon.com/work.htm           stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

sweat100

Thanks for the guide, I try to browse through to see if I can get any clues.

I guess the transmitter circuit of the FeTap is faulty because the other party cannot hear. I tried shorting the transmitter leads on the headset to listen for static at the receiver (as pointed out in one of the guides) but I did not hear any. So I guess its with the transmitter circuit at fault. I would like to ask what are the ratings for these 2 capacitors (Gg10 and the ITT branded one) which I would like to replace on the FeTap.

twocvbloke

The ITT one is a 0.1uF (micro farad), 250v non-polarised capacitor, pretty easy to find at your favourite electronics store... :)

The other one, pass... ???