News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Fleamarket Finds, August 26, 2012

Started by DavePEI, August 26, 2012, 11:12:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavePEI

I haven't been to a flea market for a long time, but went this morning, since I heard a rumor of two Underground Cable signs at the North River flea market last week, so decided to go today in case they remained unsold.

Well, I found them, and instead of paying the $40 and $30 they were asking last week, I got both for $50 total. One is an Island Telephone Company sign - the other, an MT&T sign originating in Nova Scotia.

In another booth, I found a nice burled walnut Uniphone #2 for $40. It is in excellent shape, requiring only minor buffing, and has no scratches... Tiny bit of latex paint spotting to remove along one wall edge only. It is definitely Museum quality. One of the nicest #2s I have found.

Great day!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Just4Phones

Hmmmmmm I wonder if that $40 Uniphone could qualify for find of the month.  It's a beauty  ;D

DavePEI

Quote from: DavePEI on August 26, 2012, 11:12:26 AM
In another booth, I found a nice burled walnut Uniphone #2 for $40. It is in excellent shape, requiring only minor buffing, and has no scratches... Tiny bit of latex paint spotting to remove along one wall edge only. It is definitely Museum quality. One of the nicest #2s I have found.

The bit of paint spotting has been removed, and I like this phone even more than before. Inside, it is just like mint. The only flaw I have spotted is a worn number 1 on the dial. I am so glad I went this morning.

Dates in this phone: Receiver 11-13-46; Tramsmitter 9-17-46; Ringer 11-28-46; Induction Coil 10-02-46;dial 11-04-46.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001