News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Recent posts

Here is another wiring diagram, this time for a 500 style SC phone. Again, it uses 4 wires to connect the dial to the phone, not 5 as seen with your phone's dial.

The "unique use" does not surprise me. They are from the Battleship Iowa. I'll try to create a wiring diagram but beware that is a new task for me. Lets see what I can come up with. I'll check all the similar desk phones onboard and see if any of them have significant markings on the bottom.
The images you have provided show two white wires attached to the two pulsing leaf switches, a 9-X dial, no C4A type ringer and two "loud" arrows stamped into the base (one horizontal for a C4A ringer and one vertical in the center of the base I've never seen before.

Seems these are specifically made phones for a unique use.

Can you create a wiring diagram for the phone as it now sits on your bench?

Here is a picture of the bottom. All five of the phones I have do not have any additional model information on the bottom. The older phone in the picture of the three phones did have a model number on the bottom and I was able to find information about that model. I'll start digging through the stuff you provided. Thanks!
I looked at a few SC wiring diagrams and they all showed the dial with 4 wires.

This is just one of several diagrams used here as an example of what I found (it's for a 1243):

The pulse circuit leaves are circled in red, the mute circuit in blue.

The green wire is connected to the muting leaves but depending on how your phone is supposed to be wired, it's impossible to determine from pictures alone why your phones pulses are not being sent.

You need to find the proper wiring diagram for your phone model number.

It could be in this topic, or in the TCI library:

https://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?board=74.0
What model number is your phone?

Can you post an image of the bottom?

Typically, a dial has 4 wires.

Two wires are the mute circuit which keeps the dialing "pops" from being heard in the receiver.

Two wires are the dialing circuit which opens and closes the line for each number dialed, dial 7 generates 7 open and close cycles - and causes the "pops" if the mute circuit is not working.

Have you tried looking for the wiring diagram for your phone?
Hello all. I see my post has quite a few views yet no words of wisdom yet. This is my first post so I am wondering if I didn't provide enough information or something is missing. If so I appologize and will provide whatever you need to help me out just let me know. Thanks
How To Post Photos on CRPF / Re: forum website
Last post by TelePlay - April 13, 2024, 10:09:04 AM
Quote from: countryman on April 13, 2024, 06:27:29 AMIn brief: There should be a text line
"Click or drag files here to attach them."
under the box where you type your message. Click on the text and select your picture that you have saved on your computer or phone.

And if that link is not there, as stated in a handful of prior "how to attach images" replies, click on "Preview" (next to the "Save" button on the lower right side of the text box) and the link to attach images will appear in the place noted in the attached image above.
How To Post Photos on CRPF / Re: forum website
Last post by countryman - April 13, 2024, 06:27:29 AM
In brief: There should be a text line
"Click or drag files here to attach them."
under the box where you type your message. Click on the text and select your picture that you have saved on your computer or phone.