News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

151 al with a 302 ringer?

Started by rbouch, January 01, 2015, 06:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

I personally have no qualms about using 302 bases as subsets, since period-correct, genuine working subsets can be hard to find.  Provided that one is not robbing a perfectly good 302 to do that.  I have a quantity of them on hand for personal use and to use as gifts for non-collectors who want their antique phone to work properly, along with some of Ray's shells.  Some came from busted-up 302s, the rest I bought from another forum member.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

tallguy58

I have a similar phone as well. That phone is a Western Electric shaft and dial with a Northern Electric transmitter. Mine came from the Maritimes. 

Don't know how they got cobbled together.
Cheers........Bill

rbouch

I'm getting some time off in a couple of weeks and may actually attempt to check the wiring on this.

Is there a good place for me to go to read up on how to non destructively disassemble and then reassemble a phone like this?

rbouch

Also

does anyone have any information on a Northern Electric "349" transmitter?

tallguy58

"Is there a good place for me to go to read up on how to non destructively disassemble and then reassemble a phone like this?"

This is the place. Use the search function.

Trans link

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=10927.0

Cheers........Bill

rbouch

the click was owing to how the wiring of the subset  was set up.

no more click now...

thanks to all for the help