News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Solid Perch 20-B converted to 20AL - Wiring Help Needed!

Started by zaphod01, January 02, 2016, 12:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaphod01

I bought a solid perch 20-B converted to a 20AL. Nice shape but the receiver, receiver cord and subset cord were missing. I went to add cords this morning and realized there is one fewer connection point on the switch. The bottom connection has the cord to one side of the transmitter. I assume the other would be the red connection from the subset. I essentially ended up without a place to hook the other side of the receiver unless I attach it to the very top connection on the switch. Can someone point me back in the right direction?
"Things are never so bad they can't be made worse." - Humphrey Bogart

zaphod01

I have a 20-S converted to a 20SC and I thought I could open it up and have a look. Wrong. It had the additional connection. I said to heck with it and attached my receiver wire to the topmost screw of the 20-B / 20AL. Worked like a champ.

I've slowly been upgrading the 20-S / 20SC by swapping parts as I buy and sell. It now has a 'drop' receiver hook, a side-mount screw shaft and a 128-B dial card holder with the phone number "12".

Mr. Bones

Nice job, and useful information for the future.

I'd just love to see some pictures, if you have any to share!

Happy New Year, and best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

zaphod01

I'll try and post pictures of the 20-S tomorrow. I was lucky to get the side-screw shaft. It came from an Ebayer who is famous for out of focus photos. I was shocked when the 20-B I bought had a gorgeous black side-screw shaft and 1904 patent date base. I moved the 20-B over to a nickel-plated shaft and base I had in my spares. Nice Christmas gift! Struggling with another 20-B and a 334A subset today.