News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Found a Candlestick, is it worth $150?

Started by ritchie, November 04, 2010, 09:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ritchie

I'd really like to add a candlestick to my collection.

Is it worth the money?

The dial looks stuck though..

LarryInMichigan

ritchie,

It looks like a British GPO candlestick (http://www.britishtelephones.com/t150.htm).  The dial is probably a GPO dial, but I do not think that I have seen a dial center like the one on that phone.  GPO dials seem to be easily become sticky with grime.  A good cleaning should unstick it.

If the phone does not include a bellset (subset), I don't expect that it is worth quite that much, especially in its condition.  I would wait a while and see what else arises.  One never knows.  I recently bought a British GPO 150 candlestick with a later transmitter than that one for around $18 (http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=3694).  If you're interested, I would be willing to trade it to you for your brown AE34 :).

Larry

ritchie

Thanks.

No, there's no subset that I know of. darn, I really wanted a candlestick.  :(

but I like my AE34 better  :)

LarryInMichigan

ritchie,

Have patience, and you will almost certainly find a candlestick.  I wanted one, and now I have three (but I don't have a brown AE34 - I have a black one).

Larry

AE_Collector

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on November 04, 2010, 10:23:11 PM
ritchie,

Have patience, and you will almost certainly find a candlestick.  I wanted one, and now I have three (but I don't have a brown AE34 - I have a black one).

Larry

Larry: You need to work on your marketing skills. You should try trade your pristine GPO 150 candlestick for Ritchies faded discolored AE 34.

Terry

JorgeAmely

Terry:

Have you tried selling sand to the bedouins? I bet you would make a lot of money.
Jorge

ritchie

Quote from: ae_collector on November 04, 2010, 10:54:03 PM

Larry: You need to work on your marketing skills. You should try trade your pristine GPO 150 candlestick for Ritchies faded discolored AE 34.

Terry

LOL Terry, he already did!

AE_Collector

Quote from: ritchie on November 05, 2010, 12:36:28 AM
LOL Terry, he already did!

Yes I saw his offer. I'm trying to convince him to work on his marketing skills so he might have better luck next time.   ;)

AE_Collector

Quote from: JorgeAmely on November 05, 2010, 12:17:25 AM
Terry:

Have you tried selling sand to the bedouins? I bet you would make a lot of money.

Maybe I should give that a try. Might make some phone collecting money...

Terry