GPO No. 2

Started by wds, October 11, 2011, 05:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

here's a picture.
Dave

kleenax

Quote from: wds on December 01, 2011, 05:47:58 PM
I picked up another GPO, but I haven't found any markings yet.  It's either a 150, or maybe just a No. 2 with the dial added.  Nice phone, and it came with a "Whisper It" glass mouthpiece.  I think the value of the mouthpiece pretty much equals what I paid for the phone.  The dial is either a #10, or more likely a #8.  Nice catch I think.  Anyone know where I can get the dial card ring?
I think that I have an extra card holder for you if you still need one. Don't know if I have an original paper card for it though; you might have to make one of those. PM me for info. Picked these dials up some time ago. Most have been used or sold, but I still have a few left. Photo attached.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

GG

Hi Ray - Yow!, I'd happily take two; check your messages.   Thanks -GG.

LarryInMichigan

Dave,

That looks just like the GPO dials I have, so I would expect the more common type of finger wheel to fit.  Where to the two screws from the center plate attach?  I do no notice any screw holes for them.

Larry

wds

That center plate is held on by two tiny screws, which attach to the fingerwheel.  Once you remove the plate and 2 screws, the large center screw is revealed that holds the fingerwheel on.  I'll try to post a picture in a little bit.
Dave

LarryInMichigan

I see.  The more common type of center part also attaches with two tiny screws which screw into another piece which goes beneath the finger wheel.

Larry

wds

fingerwheel pic.
Dave