News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Kellogg Candlestick with kellogg dial F301

Started by wds, May 26, 2015, 07:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

Picked up another Kellogg dial - this time on a candlestick.  I had to partially disassemble the dial to clean it, and it is quite nice to work on.  Very simple in design.  The number plate is the rural type, whereas my F135 has the numbers and letters.  These kellogg dials have a sound all their own when you spin them. 
Dave

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

cloyd

Beautiful phone!  I love the font used for the numbers.  Seems like they all look the same but not this one!  What is the model of the candlestick?  Do you know any of its history?  Can you use it on modern phone lines?

Tina Loyd
-- I am always doing what I cannot do yet, in order to learn how to do it. - Van Gogh -- 1885

wds

Thanks - it's one of my favorites.  Model F-301, and I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work on a modern line, except for maybe the dial.  As for the history, it was made a couple years before i was born - and now it's in my collection.  The 90 years in between I'm not sure.   
Dave

Jack Ryan

Quote from: wds on January 01, 2016, 04:27:14 PM
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work on a modern line, except for maybe the dial.

Unless the dial is actually faulty it aught to work as well as a Mercedes dial.

Jack