News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 180: 1905? DeVeau Intercommunicating Telephone - Ended 7/14/15

Started by TelePlay, July 09, 2015, 09:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

New forum members are very welcome and encouraged to take a guess. After all, there are no wrong guesses, just one lucky one. No one knows the winning bid on any auction until it ends. However, it is important to get your guess in before someone else grabs your guess.

Just listed in a 5 day auction with no reserve and starting at $29.00 is a DeVeau intercom in what seems to be very good condition. I have no idea if this phone is original in every aspect but it looks like a good auction contest item. paul-F has one on his site, scroll down to the 7th phone, the DeVeau -- 17 station signalling buttons with it being in what seems to be black paint and the contest phone being nickle? plated. There are no bids as of this posting but one has to think there is an upside to the starting price. What that may be is once again the question.

NOTE: we will use a 3% gap rule between guesses to prevent crowding. As such, guess gaps of 6+% can be split. I'll help with these as the auction goes forward and guesses are entered.

So, once again, who best knows what this phone will sell for when the actions ends? This should be an interesting contest.

The seller listed it as an "1905 DeVeau Intercommunicating Telephone With Micro Handset" with the item condition as "Used" and "chipping around the receiver cap" with the auction listing description simply saying "You are bidding on a DeVeau Telephone Manufacturing Co of Brooklyn, New York. It is easier find the candlestick version of this phone, but harder to locate this phone with the micro handset . The grab-a-phone style intercom stands about 6 1/2 inches tall and weights approx 8 lbs It has the original nickel and all the buttons work.The celluloid instruction tag states "To call push black button--To answer push white button" The other celluloid tag around the black buttons have names such as Kitchen, Billiard room, Sewing room, Garage, Laundry, Den, Yellow room, Gray Room, see photo's.  .The DeVeau intercom is untested and is being sold "AS IS" condition"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231616775509   ( there are a few more photos on the eBay listing )

It's another chance to move up a rung or to get onto the CRPF -> Contest Standings <- list,

. . . for as twocvbloke said,   ---> "You gotta be in it to win it !!!" ;D "

If you want to see the phones of past Auction Contests, click -> HERE <-

S C O R E B O A R D

$     234.56 - TelePlay  ( 12 )
$     400.00 - Sargeguy  ( 8 )
$     500.00 - andre_janew  ( 5 )  -> WINNER - Final Selling Price $472.99
$     550.00 - wds  ( 7 )
$     600.00 - compubit  ( 4 )
$     825.00 - Fabius  ( 11 )
$     888.00 - Autonut  ( 9 )
$     999.00 - Russ Kirk  ( 6 )
$  1,200.00 - kleinkaliber  ( 2 )
$  1,598.00 - 19and41  ( 10 )
$  1,701.00 - twocvbloke  ( 1 )
$  2,001.01 - HarrySmith  ( 3 )

Early Morning Auction Status

07-09-15     Listed      $      29.00
07-10-15     1 bids      $      29.00
07-11-15     1 bids      $      29.00
07-12-15     1 bids      $      29.00
07-13-15     1 bids      $      29.00
07-14-15     9 bids      $    147.50
07-14-15    7 bidders, 19 bids, $472.99  Ended at 17:00:50 PDT

twocvbloke

kleinkaliber

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

compubit

A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Russ Kirk

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

TelePlay

This is just weird. Anyone else see what I'm seeing? I'm watching about 10 would be nice to buy phones for various reasons and the only one that has a bid is a manual black 500 listed at $0.99. I'll say no one, but of course, I mean no one on the phones I am watching is bidding. Is this a slow time of the year for eBay phone listings or is it something else. And this contest phone has one bid. Snipe time for all of these may be interesting. It's just weird, the inactivity on eBay for the phones I am watching. Is it just me seeing this?

kleinkaliber

It's because I'm not bidding on any of them. If I was, they would get lots of bids way beyond my max bid!

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905