News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Automatic Electric Candlestick Repair and Info

Started by ILM75Dodge, December 11, 2015, 07:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILM75Dodge

I picked up this Automatic Electric Candlestick and was looking for some more info on the model etc.

Secondly it seems to be pretty solid except inside the transmitter housing the two welds have snapped free. Is there anyone or and method to repairing this?

stub

ILM75Dodge,
                    Can you post a pic of the inside of receiver and hookswitch springs ,to see which version of AE 21 you have.
                   I resoldered my transmitter cup from the inside . Be sure to do one side and let cool, then the other side ,or the whole mount will fall out . Pics are from AE Bulletin 1015 pg. 30 and 32 , Jan. 1 , 1929. Hope this helps. stub

double left click on pic to enlarge
Kenneth Stubblefield

ILM75Dodge

Quote from: stub on December 12, 2015, 01:19:41 AM
ILM75Dodge,
                    Can you post a pic of the inside of receiver and hookswitch springs ,to see which version of AE 21 you have.
                   I resoldered my transmitter cup from the inside . Be sure to do one side and let cool, then the other side ,or the whole mount will fall out . Pics are from AE Bulletin 1015 pg. 30 and 32 , Jan. 1 , 1929. Hope this helps. stub

double left click on pic to enlarge

When you re-soldiered the inside cup what was your method? I assume you had to braze it? I assume a soldering iron will not get hot enough?

Mr. Bones

Very nice AE 21!

That's also gotta be one of the coolest dial cards, ever!!! 8)

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

stub

ILM75Dodge,
                    Old timey 135 Watt pistol style.   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield