News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Typical stereotypes of where you live?

Started by WEBellSystemChristian, September 08, 2016, 07:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavePEI

That is ok, up on PEI, we eat potatoes and lobster and drink beer while we watch the cute tourist gals! That is when we are not collecting pogey and enjoying free health care! The rest of the time, we hibernate.
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Jim Stettler

In Colorado we smoke recreational marijuana, drink micro-brews and micro spirits, all  while hiking, biking and skiing.

In reality we do all these things, just not at the same time.

Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

markosjal

Born and raised in Oregon I saw movies like Fargo. I never travelled to the midwest until the early 1990s . Then I went to do some work in Central Michigan, which I returned each year for several years. I had travelled somewhat and heard many accents.

The very first time I drive to the company recommended hotel in central Michigan, after having sunk in the mud after being so excited to see the great lakes . The lady at the hotel had a very strong accent. I had heard that accent before only on TV and movies (Fargo) . I did not know people REALLY talked that way. My in laws were from Wisconson and they did not talk that way. As The lady checked me into the room and talked and talked, I could not help but to bust out laughing. SHe asked me what was wrong and I had to tell her. She was very understanding. I saw her there each year for several years after that as I grew more and more comfortable with that accent. It was a moment I will never forget

Yep, he's dead alright

Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

andre_janew

Prior to traveling to that part of the country, I bet you thought that accent was something  Hollywood dreamed up!

19and41

Funny you should have this thread running now.  Dave Barry's Blog ran this article in which commenters said that it was an Ideal stereotype.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/someone-in-alberta-rode-a-zamboni-through-a-tim-hortons-drive-thru-210157145.html
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke