and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Create Custom Dial Card?

Started by HarrySmith, April 26, 2018, 10:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigmaz

Hey gang..

Feel free to try my clone 500 Dial card generator

https://goo.gl/c56qWF (dead link 10-5-21)

I know some folks were trying to make some recently and the original site was inoperable.

This should work pretty much the same way but will auto download the generated file instead of displaying it.
( I may change that..)

I started working on an older style card generator but I have other things to do at work so.. It's in an unfinished but somewhat sort of functional state...
(it doesn't auto download and the fonts are all wrong, but feel free to mess with it.)

https://goo.gl/wtXeTi (dead link 10-5-21)

Pourme

~

I like what you are doing sigmaz! When I printed the 1st one it printed 1 3/4 " diameter. Could be my computer or printer, I don't know.

The second one printed full page. Again, could be on my end.

The main thing is you are working on it! I was hoping if I threw it out there someone would work on it...Thanks!

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Sigmaz

Sorry about the formatting Benny.

Yeah I was just messing around with it today but never actually printed one yet.

On the first one, did it auto download or just display it in the browser?
(Which browser are you using?)

The second one is definetly broken. I preferred to post the link instead of just say I was working on it.

Glad I'm able to help someone.

:)

Pourme

It did auto download. Then I just clicked to print without any changes.

Nice job so far! It really prints a nice looking card, good contrast.
Benny

Sigmaz

Once I get it sorted I'll send the files over to Dennis and maybe see if he wants to host these tools here.

Sargeguy

Something like these?  I used to make these to order with custom exchange names and numbers.  Unfortunately I used an older version of Word and successive updates messed up the extremely complicated formatting/obscure fonts.  I might be able to do a one off on that particular dial card.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

HarrySmith

Sigmaz, very cool! I got an auto downloaded card that looks very nice. I also got a full page print and could not get it sized right.
Greg, that is a very nice assortment of cards, I like it!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

monophone_lover

Hello all, i asked the manager of big teck company young guy but very smart, i explained the need for dial cards and the like. He has managed to create the necessary  page for the ability to make your own card, he has promised me that he install on my site for free forever.  Since he volunteering his time i would need to ask help from all those who know some of the following and also feed back , suggesting ideas MOST INPORATNT fonts and names of exchanged how many letter etc  character count spacing is in middle on top, left to right right to left   anything that would help i feel that with our  feedback and info.. WE CAN MAKE THIS TOOL GREAT AGAIN... he is promising eay to use drop dowm option, also a print button with will perfect size,,, im asking if one can be generated so as to save time and ink, but since he busy man i dot want pester him tioo much i asked 72 hours ago  if it was posable this morning he sen this link

http://anoniam.com/dialcard/   (dead link 10-5-21)

page above link it will show what were speaking of. this is just to show it works.. please let us know what needs to done to make it perfect. thanks

Robert
Rob
ATCA # 4057

Pourme

Good job, Rob.

That's a good start! Some here will have more knowledge of the particulars of what we need.
Benny

Dan F

Could you provide the Word file you had?

Quote from: Sargeguy on May 08, 2018, 10:53:07 PM
Something like these?  I used to make these to order with custom exchange names and numbers.  Unfortunately I used an older version of Word and successive updates messed up the extremely complicated formatting/obscure fonts.  I might be able to do a one off on that particular dial card.

oldguy

How had I missed that there has been a working dial card maker for over a month and a half. Thanks Sigmaz, great Job. I was planning on giving a WE302 to a friend, he has a land line. now I can put his phone number on it.
Gary

oldguy

Hey Sigmaz, what program can I open the "old style" dial card with?
Gary

Fabius

Quote from: Key2871 on April 26, 2018, 11:34:04 AM
I had soft ware that could do that, and when I had to upgrade my computer, that's software doesn't work in the new computer. It only worked in windows 98. Or older.
It was called print master

PrintMaster is still around though it appears the brand has changed owners. It appears that PrintMaster 18.1 platinum will work with Windows 10. Looks like a reasonable price.

https://tinyurl.com/yaxvzhy6 (dead link 10-5-21)

https://tinyurl.com/yaxvzhy6 (dead link 10-5-21)
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

oldguy

Gary

oldguy

Thanks Zigmaz, I made some dial cards. one is for a WE 302 I'm giving to a friend with his phone number.One of the few of us that still has a land line. Like myself, he lives in the boonies & doesn't get cell service at home.
Gary