News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Kellogg Candlestick

Started by oldguy, July 18, 2019, 01:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldguy

I picked up this Kellogg candlestick for $42.00 including shipping. I know nothing about Kellogg candlesticks but after very little research it looks like it might be an F9 or that could be the number for the generator box?? on Bob's old phones websitemn  . It didn't come with a receiver or cords. What attracted me was the nickel transmitter, hook and the style of the base. Any information about this phone would be greatly appreciated. I am also looking for a receiver & cords. See next post for more picture.
Gary

oldguy

These pictures are of the back of the transmitter. Patents look like Nov.26.1901, March 19.1907 &  April 14. 1908. The switch hook has an F84 on it
Gary

HarrySmith

Nice looking stick & a great price. Sorry I can't help with any info on it but check out Kellogg Mike's website. I can't recall it right now but I am sure somone will come up with it! My gray cells are depleting rapidly since I reached senior citizen status!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HowardPgh

That is probably the most common Kellogg candlestick phone. It should be easy to find a receiver for it.  Most of them are electrically equivalent to a standard WE 20 series candlestick and can be used with a sidetone subset or a LB/magneto subset ( 3 wire cord).  Some of these have a coil in the bottom so you can use them without a CB subset. You would only need a ringer. (2 wire cord).  Nice find, condition looks good externally. The shaft is covered with a bakelite sleeve and not painted. All the works are in the base, switch and terminals etc.
Howard

oldguy

here is a picture of the inside, I don't see a coil. Thanks for all the info Howard.
Gary

Jack Ryan

Quote from: oldguy on July 18, 2019, 09:28:49 PM
here is a picture of the inside, I don't see a coil.

Most did not have an induction coil in the base.

By the way, if you see that hook switch in an auto Kellogg candlestick, it almost certainly has a reproduction base.

Jack

Stubbypylon

Here's an ad for the induction coil version
Craig Stanowski

oldguy

Thanks everyone for the input, it's greatly appreciated.
Gary