News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

outdoor Kitchen

Started by Babybearjs, May 30, 2020, 07:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

:) well, I've been busy... not doing alot in the way of telephones... but I did get this project started! got the grill all charged up and now, I beverage cooler! Mini fridge! and it was free! just needs a new control board and its good to go.... love it when I find free stuff!
John

RB

Congrats!
Free is always the best price!
Good luck with the board.

Babybearjs

will keep you all informed.... it might just get fixed this week!
John

Quote from: Babybearjs on May 31, 2020, 03:04:16 PM
will keep you all informed.... it might just get fixed this week!

If you don't get it fixed, you can always use it to store your telephones! :)

Babybearjs

I called a friend who works on PCboards and other electronics... the control board looks like it has a bad transistor. so I gave the board to him to fix, meanwhile I bypassed the circuit with a switch and the compressor spun-up with no problem. I added a temperary timer to let the unit run continuesly for 18 hours a day (6am-12am) like we had at work...(wall freezers) and I put a bowl of water and a therometer in the unit. its freezing up just fine! I'm so excited! found out that a simple thermostat for a refridgerator costs as little as $20! so if I have to rewire it, I can....  I can hardly wait to start really using it!
John

That's great news and a good start. Next is to fill it up with some beverages!

Babybearjs

will do! now that I have it working... I set a timer on it for 8 3 hour on-off cycles... that way the compressor can rest.  its so nice to have a beverage cooler that was free! after being on for a few hours, its freezing up fine! Yeh!
John