News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

295A with 2150ohm ringer coils--will it work?

Started by shadow67, September 24, 2021, 11:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadow67

I recently acquired but have not yet received a 295A wood ringer subset box. I have been comparing the pics to another that I already have. Everything seems pretty much the same except I noticed that the new one has what appear to be two 2150 ohm ringer coils on it. It is marked 295A and has the exact same schematic. Will this box work on my home line? I want to connect it to a candlestick phone. I have read somewhere in the past that the resistance of the coils can affect whether it works or not.
Thanks

Doug Rose

I think it will work as I have a couple of 293A phones with the same set up. Not sure about the 2150s. Just make sure your connect ground to L1 or L2 if it does not ring. These are wonderful subsets.....Doug
Kidphone

RB

I think Doug id correct.
That seems to be made for candles.
All the pics I have seen, show a direct connect to a stick!
Coils are right for that application.
have fun!

shadow67

thanks for the replies. will try once it arrives.

Babybearjs

with my experience, it all seems to depend on the ringing current. as long as the phone company sends out enough power to your line, it should work... using a ringing generator also will answer your question...
John

shadow67

The sunset arrived today and I connected a 20AL candlestick to it and it worked beautifully. Nice ring. Thanks for the encouragement.

Doug Rose

Nice job....how about a picture of the "new couple"....Doug
Kidphone

shadow67

Per Doug's request here is a pic of the newly mated pair.

Doug Rose

Outstanding! You should be very proud....Doug
Kidphone

shadow67