Author Topic: Mottled Green ATM Deskset  (Read 184 times)

Offline tubaman

Mottled Green ATM Deskset
« on: October 11, 2021, 02:40:56 AM »
This beauty just sold on eBay for a pretty price - £3877.77 - circa $5300
I wonder if it was a one-off special as I've certainly not seen another in this unusual colour.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Marbled-Green-Bakelite-Extension-Only-ATM-Telephone-Display-Film-Prop-/294435140745

"Unusual old ATM green marbled bakelite extension telephone.
It has not been converted so is untested and the cord is frayed in places, there is a small nick to the top of the handpiece as shown in the 9th photo and it has discoloured slightly as the green is a little more vibrant under the handset as shown in the last photo.
Please see photos to aid description.
Great vintage piece, would look lovely in a period property or ideal as film / TV prop."

Offline FABphones

• Global Moderator
Re: Mottled Green ATM Deskset
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 03:41:09 AM »
It would be nice to know itís history.  :)

Wonder how that effect was done in the mold, I canít quite work it out, especially as in some areas it all but matches up against itís parts. I didnít think to ask for photos of the inside, it would have been interesting to see how it carried through (or not  :o) but certainly looks like it does from the image of the handset damage.

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
ó-
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble
ó-
ĎYou never realise how anti-social you are until thereís a pandemic and your life doesnít really change that muchí

Offline Jim Stettler

• Global Moderator
Re: Mottled Green ATM Deskset
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 10:46:30 AM »
I would likw that for my swirl collection.
Price is went way to high for me.
JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.