News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

old Danish phone

Started by long jumper, August 15, 2022, 04:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

long jumper

Applied 6volt DC just a light clicking.If you push the Clapper with 6 volts dc then remove power the Clapper returns and advances the digit. The coil has continuity and reads 306 ohms. The other issue is when I hook up the counter it won't break dial tone but when removing one wire from  counter I can dial out. I don't want to spend 20.00 on a counter then not be able to dial out. Do you think the counter is the problem for not breaking dial tone to dialing out? When energizing Clapper doesn't pull in. Would like some input

long jumper

I let capacitor charge for 5 minutes disconnected both leads from counter dialed 1 digit read 6 volts  dialed 2nd digit read 6 volts. The circuit was wired as first shown with resistor & capacitor. A soon as you remove J wire off counter you can break dial tone and call out just can't figure this out if the problem is the RC circuit or if a working counter would  resolve the issue

tubaman

The counter coil is in spec at 300 ohms so I can't see how it can be the cause of your inability to break dial tone. There must be another wiring issue somewhere that is doing this and I'd try adding the diode in circuit as originally suggested just to rule out that being the issue, although I'm not sure why it would be. 

long jumper

Tried diode no luck put both wires going to counter together and was able to dial out. Go figure very puzzling to me. I won't try to get a new counter but I am tempted. Ther is a number on phone Rep.as.  Would still like to find a wiring diagram for this particular phone any help appreciated.

long jumper

Hope there
 Someone out there that can help with this issue

tubaman

I think this is the diagram you need for your phone - courtesy of TCI Library - https://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php/search?q=D08

I'd start doing some checking to see if it's wired correctly.

long jumper

Thanks for input Tubman. This phone is fully functional works great.so I believe it's wired correctly. I'm going through this to get counter to work.firs chance I get I will trace wires not sure what all components are. There are 2 jumpers not there and 1 wire from what I believe to be the coil going to one side of counter. A couple of questions on my sketch see photo

dsk

Tried to translate

tubaman

Yes, definitely worth checking out the wiring as a phone can work on the line but not be wired as per the diagram. When you are trying to make modifications such as the additional components for the counter then any small deviation from the diagram can make all the difference.

dsk

I tried to draw the diagram in another way.

Since it was terminals with equal marking, I have numbered them from 1-12

Approximately reading with an ohm meter should be as in the table, and of-course pretty much mar may be measured.

long jumper

Thanks to tubaman & dsk for all you help time and input.I will give this one last try. If it doesn't work that's it I will let you know.

long jumper

Well all the wiring checks out. All the ohm readings are very close to your chart. Again cant figure out why when you disconnect the counter put both wires together one from Pulse contact the other from positive side of capacitor it wont break dial tone. I can get a working counter from phoneco. Does any one think that that the counter is the problem. It only works when you manually press Clapper the releases when you remove power but won't pull in when 6 volts DC is applied.

tubaman

The counter may be mechanically faulty but I'm pretty sure it's not the reason you can't break the dial tone when the extra components are added. I'd get that part resolved before spending money on a replacement.

long jumper

I agree 100%. I will double check  every thing. Again I will let all of you know  what happens.

long jumper

Well  finally  got counter Clapper to work But lost a small piece that advances  numbers.The other problem is still not breaking dial tone,but when dialing out on hook Clapper would advance numbers When dialing off hook can't break dial tone and Clapper won't pull in. I checked wiring again looks according to diagram and all ohm readings are close to what's  on chart. Go figure