News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Still More Old Junk I bought on eBay

Started by Sargeguy, June 06, 2011, 10:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sargeguy

Is this a WE No. 121?  Listed as "Antique Telephone" with a $49.99 BIN.  Even if it isn't it looks like it has $50 worth of parts.  I'm pretty sure that's an early 143 receiver.  I can't figure out the marks on the front-looks like a  crack.  There was also a plate at some point.

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

rdelius

The hook on the side is a SC.I do not thing the telephone is a WE.The rec does not appear to be WE either
Robby

wds

I was watching this one.  The receiver looked like it was a  Stromberg, and the front does look cracked.  Couldn't get the seller to answer any of my questions so I passed.  
Dave

rdelius

I have only seen the brass mouth peices on that transmitter. It is a WE item.
Robby

Sargeguy

Now that I am home and can compare it to my other 143s it appears that the receiver starts its flare a little higher than a WE.  The hook is different, and the bezel around the edge appears to be different.  OOPS!  I should stop impulse buying phones at work!  A little wood glue and some better pictures and I should be able to re-coup close to what I spent.  Might have to put it on Etsy.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Sargeguy

Quote from: rdelius on June 23, 2011, 09:10:27 PM
I have only seen the brass mouth peices on that transmitter. It is a WE item.
Robby

Thanks, do you know where I can find any pictures?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

rdelius

This was in an old WE catalog. Do not know if I made a copy. Will look.
Robby

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Sargeguy

Just noticed that the 2-piece riveted transmitter cup that came in the large lot has the three patent dates: JULY 9, 89 NOV 17, 91 NOV 1 92.  Not sure how rare they are but there's one up now on eBay that had a BIN of $200 or something like that before bidding started.

EDIT:  Did I say one?  I meant two.  Another auction I won but neglected to post:

Also had one.  I set it aside because it came on the same day as the huge parts lot.

EDIT 2:  Sold for $15.50, guess they aren't that rare after all!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Sargeguy

Speaking of transmitter cups, this 533 arrived today in all its crusty splendor:

I was surprised to find this attached to the front:

The cup is in excellent condition except for the missing phenolic grommet:

The 323 face plate is a little chewed up:

Not sure how the uninsulated 2-piece cup ended up there but I am not complaining. 
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Sargeguy

Magneto and ringer boxes arrived today, the seller forgot to include the extra magneto that was listed but is sending it now that I politely reminded them.  Nothing too unusual except for the 127F ringer box.  It features split gongs, which have slices on each side to deaden the sound of the ringer, so they sound similar to cow bells:

This rare and unusual piece of telephone history is now for sale on eBay, item number:   260810055207

Bid early, bid often!!!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

bingster

I wonder what the stamps on top refer to. 
= DARRIN =