News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE Stepbase Desk Stand and subset

Started by stub, March 18, 2012, 03:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stub

Do we have any AE Catalog info on this phone? This one has a Type 11 Mercedes dial ( ? ), thin fingerstop , 3 C  AE transmitter, polarized receiver and subset with a booster induction coil ( no number s) 2 windings- Secondary  1-2 = 27 ohms , Primary  3-4 = 14 ohms . This phone works great on POTS!
Any more info will be greatly appreciated.  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Phonesrfun

The ringer looks just like the one from a Strowger 11 digit dial phone, even though the Mercedes dial is 10 digits, they must have used the same ringer.

-Bill G

LarryInMichigan

I am in the process of gradually reassembling my step base stick (thread), and I want to connect it to the same model of subset that stub has, but the terminals in the base of my stick are wired differently than what is shown in the subset's diagram.

Stub, are the terminals in your phone wired the way that the diagram shows?

Larry

stub

Larry,
         Sorry I :o lied to you, I forgot ??? this one Bill and I came up with a diagram on because I couldn't find one for the Mercedes dial . Here's what we came up with-   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: stub on March 29, 2012, 11:05:14 AM
Larry,
         Mine is wired like the diagram on my box and mine works fine like it is.   stub

I wonder why the wires were soldered differently on mine then.  For example, one hook switch contact is wired to terminal 7 and terminals 5 and 6 are wired together.  I hate to rearrange soldered connections.

Larry

stub

Larry,
           Go back up where I forgot ;D  I guess I would walk off and leave my head somewhere if it wasn't attached..

Here's where we started at .     http://tinyurl.com/7dn9mck

stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

HowardPgh

Stub-Nice Stepbase phone and subset.
Larry- Your Step base may be series wired. I have two of them with the series type circuit. Their subsets have just the condenser and bell in them.
Why do I have two of them? The transmitters are different and one has A's in the switch hook circles.
Howard

stub

HowardPgh,
             Thanks.   Do you have a pic of the wiring diagram?
   What type of receiver do you have on the phones? ( Polarized - with bar magnet or DC -no magnet)
Kenneth Stubblefield