News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Crusty old candlestick

Started by Sargeguy, September 22, 2012, 08:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sargeguy

I have been known to buy some boat anchors in my time but this one takes the cake.  The cloth parts are disintegrating before my eyes and the screws holding the bottom on are corroded into place.  The incorrect transmitter cup is hanging by one screw and the receiver is missing its cap.  I paid $60 plus shipping for this abomination!

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Sargeguy

Not exactly "Find of The Month"  but a little steel wool does wonders:

The nickel is complete on this under all the cruddy black paint.  I have two other 20-Bs but none of them are solid perches with the dates on the back, so I am psyched to finally get one of these.  These usually sell for about $50 on eBay (not that I'd pay that much)

This will need to be re-plated, and one of the screws was cross threaded.  These are bout $40 on eBay in good shape.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Sargeguy

QuoteI have two other 20-Bs but none of them are solid perches with the dates on the back, so I am psyched to finally get one of these.

Actually, while airing out the collection, I found a solid perch 20-B with the dates on it that I must have been psyched about when I bought it a few months ago.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409