"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

April 25, 2010 conference call

Started by bwanna, April 25, 2010, 09:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

Russ:

Is that the conference call "up" on the 551A(?) PBX behind you?!

Of course I am just joking about you having the call routed through your "board", not that the thought is beyond the realm of possibility.

I have big plans to find lots of time to work on phone stuff once I retire but even then I suspect that there just won't be enough time to get to everything.

Terry

Russ Kirk

Quote from: ae_collector on April 26, 2010, 10:13:41 PM
Russ:

Is that the conference call "up" on the 551A(?) PBX behind you?!

Terry

Hi Terry,

I did not have conference call up on my WE 551A switchboard.  I had it up on my blue 500 set. 

I did get dial tone to work in the switchboard through the cords.  But the dial was not working so I could not place a call. Another thing to add to the list of future phone projects.   

That was sometime ago and I have not had the time to tinker with the switchboard since.  Gee,  that was last summer when I got it.  Boy, time flies.  It is hard to find time to tinker with my phones between family, work,  golf and regular life.......   

So many times people come into my home office and ask me if they all work,  and how cool it would be to have then working through the switchboard.   I think I will save that project when I'm retired.  nevertheless,  that project will have to wait until I remodel my office to make room for more phones.....

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

McHeath

QuoteYou're desk is too neat and organized, and not enough "patine".  Why is your toothbrush in your pencil cup?

Don't you keep your toothbrush in your pencil cup?  Just in case you need to brush while you are working?
;)

The toothbrush was a gift, it's a civil war era style brush, animal bone handle and boar hair bristles.  Not my daily driver if you know what I mean.

Greg G.

Future conference calls - I'll let you know what I think when I see the bill for this one.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dan/Panther

Here's my mug, about half way through the call.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dennis Markham

Nice photo Dan....except for the YANKEES hat!  >:(

Dan/Panther

Dennis;
You sound like my Mom she's an Angels fan, and hates the Yankees. I bought this hat right after the World Series and plan to wear it until next World series.
Just to make her Mad... :o :o
I was born in  New York so it's my Birth right. 8) 8)

P.S. I can't help it that the Yankees have won the world series 30 times, that figures out to about 28 % of all the Series ever played, or once every 4 year about, Everyone hates a winner.....Eat your heart out. ;D ;D ;D
The first major league ball game I ever Saw was in 1962 , it was the Tigers against the Angels. Played at Dodger stadium in Los Angeles before The Angel's had their own stadium.

D/P

AET

- Tom

Dan/Panther

Tom;
You would be surprised at how many people read that shirt and quickly look away.
D/P

Dennis Markham

They're looking away because they saw that NY Yankees hat.  :)

teka-bb

Quote from: Brinybay on April 26, 2010, 11:34:27 PM
Future conference calls - I'll let you know what I think when I see the bill for this one.

I just recovered from the shock   :o

My call from the Netherlands wasn't for free, I have to pay 1(one) US$ for the 1 hour conference call!  :)
=============================================
Regards,

Remco, JKL Museum of Telephony Curator

JKL Museum of Telephony: http://jklmuseum.com/
TCI Library: http://www.telephonecollectors.info/

Dan/Panther

Quote from: Dennis Markham on April 27, 2010, 01:08:15 PM
They're looking away because they saw that NY Yankees hat.  :)

Dennis;
You are right, they quickly look away and bow....raise their arms and chant; "Not Worthy, Not Worthy...Oh great Yankees may we approach..."
When I walk down the street, people look at my hat and step aside for me....
I also have a Roger Maris signed baseball ( not a home run ball ) from the 1961 season on my desk.

D/P

AET

D/P, you need to see the light, and root for the Milwaukee Brewers.  They're even having a good season for once, not as good as 82, but still pretty good.  Plus my dad worked on County Stadium back in the day.
- Tom

Jim Stettler

Quote from: teka-bb on April 27, 2010, 01:46:54 PM
Quote from: Brinybay on April 26, 2010, 11:34:27 PM

I just recovered from the shock   :o

My call from the Netherlands wasn't for free, I have to pay 1(one) US$ for the 1 hour conference call!  :)
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Greg G.

I have a good calling plan, I don't think it's going to cost me that much, if anything, cuz I hardly ever call anybody.  My only concern is if we do it too often, the novelty will wear off quickly.  I suggest once a month or every other month.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e