News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 185: WE 1956 Mediterranean Blue 500 - Ended 9/27/15

Started by TelePlay, September 20, 2015, 01:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ Kirk

Ok, I hope someone here was the winner. I was outbid.....   Arrrrgh.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

TelePlay

And the winner of Auction Contest #185 is Russ Kirk who with the 7th entry into the contest offered the winning guess of $425.00 to give him his 6th auction contest win. His last win was #175, just a short time ago, and that is another testament to twocvbloke's adage of you have to be in it to win it, so, a big congratulations go out to Russ Kirk for another win in the CRPF Auction Contests and for moving up another rung in the Contest Standings.

This was an interesting auction in that the price rose almost every day over the 7 day listing with 2, and maybe 3, bidder showing strong interest with their multiple bids exposing the high bid. With less than an hour to go in the auction, the phone sat at $227 setting up what was an interesting ending - it could rise considerably or fissle at the end about where it was at $227. But, once again we see a noted collector placing his one and only auction bid 6 seconds before the auction ended to take the phone home. That bid beat out one other last second sniper who placed their second bid (first was for $88 early in the auction) 17 seconds before it ended but that bid was exceeded by the winner's higher offer. The last second snipes raised the price over $200. In the end, h***m ( 1220 ) took the phone home for $432.57. The phone was listed at $49.00 and over the 7 days, attracted 10 bidders placing 15 bids.

Check out the updated Contest Standings to see who's who through 185 contests and the latest additions to the CRPF Hall of Fame

Thanks again to all who played. As always, there is only one way to get on the winner's board or move up a rung - you have to play to win.

Russ Kirk

I am doing me happy dance for winning the contest. I tried to win the auction but came in second. Oh well, it is fun to play these contests.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Partyline4

I'd love to have one. They seem to be resurfacing more and more these days...