News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Radioshack telephone spade lugs (UK Stock)...

Started by twocvbloke, December 28, 2013, 07:42:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

I bought some more of these on christmas eve, and thought I'd give a heads-up for other brits on here wanting to crimp some decent lugs on cables without the need for stripping wire and whatnot, much easier to work with in my opinion. Like the last lot I bought from the same seller, they're Radioshack stock, so are known on the forum, as is the tool used to crimp them in place... :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121154998505

(Picture's from when I got the crimping tool and the first pack of spades, but it's handy for those looking for the right tool, as I don't currently have a link for that)

HarrySmith

Interesting variety of items that seller offers, not only spade lugs & rosin solder but a breast pillow & spiked condoms:)
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

twocvbloke

I never saw the last two, but it's nice to know that the good old fashioned "Sell everything under the sun" shops still exist... ;D

TelePlay

Thanks, Harry. I needed a laugh and his "see other items" link gave it to me. Quite an eclectic store indeed.  ;)

Quote from: HarrySmith on December 28, 2013, 08:03:30 AM
Interesting variety of items that seller offers, not only spade lugs & rosin solder but a breast pillow & spiked condoms:)

Kenton K

These lugs are splendid for most uses. Radio shack lugs work great for thin plastic insulation and cloth cords. But they are a little tight for the very thick rubber insulation and thick cloth on candlesticks and some 302 cords. I have not found a source for larger gauge lugs though.

Ken