News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Candlestick Switch

Started by Desert Phone Guy, September 02, 2017, 12:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desert Phone Guy

I found this on a WE dial Candlestick.  I have not seen this switch arrangement before.  Can someone please advise what this was?  The perch was marked 50AL, but I don't think that would be correct, would it?

Babybearjs

I have basically the same question, but mine is a 3 contact model. I drew a rough picture if it and need to know if all 3 wires need to be used when the candlestick is wired to a 685A subset. the candle stick is from 1975.
John

RB

Thats a progressive hook switch, one part for the rec. and the other for the xmit to get batt.
not sure of subset wiring, but would bet all 3 switch contacts are needed.

poplar1

Quote from: Babybearjs on October 23, 2017, 08:38:37 PM
I have basically the same question, but mine is a 3 contact model. I drew a rough picture if it and need to know if all 3 wires need to be used when the candlestick is wired to a 685A subset. the candle stick is from 1975.

Using a 5-conductor cord from the 685A to the phone, 3 of the wires go to the transmitter, receiver and common. The other two are in series with the dial pulse contacts and 2 of the hookswitch contacts.

Tip--------RR
Ring-------------------------------------------hookswitch------dial pulse-----------------
                 C----------------------------------------------------------------------------- /

B------------------------------------xmtr

R------------------------------------common (xmtr/rec)

GN----------------------------------rec

Only other thing to do is to mute the receiver when dialing.
Only problem is that you will be able to eavesdrop (at a very low volume) through the receiver with the phone hung up.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.