"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WECo 557 Answering Service Cordboard

Started by marty, April 12, 2011, 11:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty

Hi All;
G Man, This is just the kind of information, I have been asking you for.. So, I know exactly where and what to do.. I have a 302 that I can put the Dial in to check and see if it will work in or on my telephone line..
THANK YOU Marty

marty

Hi All;
G man, I took the faster dial from the SwitchBoard, and wired it in my D1 which has a #6 Dial in it, and it works fine I called a friend..
The 302 phone had a #5H Dial, and I did not want to use it..
So, I took the one out of my Butt Set, it is a #6A and wired it to the SwitchBoard, and the SwitchBoard does the same thing.. So, it not in the Dial..
I am going to take the Dial out of the D1 and connect it to the SwitchBoard.. And connect the faster #6 Dial to the D1, for awhile..
I will need to look in all the Schematics that I have for the Dial section, and follow everything thru, and see IF there is a wiring problem or error..
G Man, Thank You, for the help, I had hoped it was something simple, like I had a switch in the wrong position, or something like that..
THANK YOU Marty

marty

Hi All;
I have made some progress, After hooking up my Battery / power supply.. It will now Dial out on some of the cords.. But, I get one of two different possibilities, one I dial the Area code and then get a busy signal or it will let me dial all ten digits, and then it tells me that I have a wrong or unlisted number..
Any, idea of what is wrong ??
Also, I have two different operator hand sets, one  (I think) has one of two numbers, either a 396A on the plug or it says Brook Tel 52 on the mic tie in point..
The other one is 53 with also these numbers, on the Switch 225A and on the plug 289B..
Is one Handset better than the other one or one or the other made for this cord board and what does the Switch do ??
THANK YOU Marty

poplar1

The 53 was handier when you didn't want to have a 52 headset strapped on all the time, for example on a 555 in a motel with light traffic.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

marty

Hi All;
What is the Switch for ??
THANK YOU Marty

poplar1

Do you have a picture? Some supervisor's headsets had a switch on the transmitter so that most of the time her transmitter was cut out, but she could intervene if necessary.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

marty

Hi All;
poplar1, that makes sense, since it made no difference in the sounds I was hearing.. That answers that question.. Thank You..
Now, Any ideas of why the Dial circuit is only Partially working.. Could it possibly be dirty relay contacts ?? Not sure where ??
I am currently making an attempt to charge the batteries, to see if that helps..
THANK YOU Marty