News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Green Contour (not a Shmoo) makes a brief appearance

Started by jsowers, November 18, 2016, 03:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsowers

Tonight a moss green Contour (F-53751) appeared as a BIN auction for $1,050 and it sold a few minutes ago. Did anyone here get it? I wonder if it went to the JKL museum? No way to tell from the auction. Below are the auction pictures for posterity. I don't remember seeing a green Contour or Shmoo before.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182357699873

The Contour had a movable fingerstop and a smaller fingerwheel with equal spacing between the holes, much like the production Trimline. The Shmoo had a fixed fingerstop and a wide space between the fingerstop and the "1" on the dial, like a regular dial phone would have. The seller incorrectly identified the phone as a Shmoo in the auction. I hope the buyer knows better.
Jonathan

TelePlay

It gets really confusing around midnight with eBay time being west coast and all but it seems this phone sold about 24 hours ago, 11-17-16 at 1:53 AM, not 11-18 at something early morning. Don't know how long it was up but that really doesn't matter.

Posting the screen capture for seller information.

poplar1

That 11-17 date @ 1:53 AM is incorrectly stated by EBay. The time shown on a listing is your local time (even if the date is wrong, as in this case). Click on seller's completed auctions and it gives the Pacific Time: "Nov. 17 23:53" These times are always 2 hours apart in your time zone. It should say 11-18 1:53 AM on the listING (CST) and 11-17. 23:53 on the completed LIST (PST).

All completed items that were sold between 11-17 22:00 PST and 11-17 23:59 PST are going to show the correct date on the 50-per-page completed or sold list, and the incorrect date (11-17) and your local CST 12:00 AM - 1:59 AM on the individual listings.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

TelePlay

Quote from: poplar1 on November 18, 2016, 05:01:17 AM
That 11-17 date @ 1:53 AM is incorrectly stated by EBay.

Thanks, I knew it was something like that but at 3 AM my time, was too tired to research that. Now I know.

With that solved, back to the original question, did any forum member buy that phone?