News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Finally got some shelves up.

Started by Dan/Panther, April 22, 2009, 03:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bellsystemproperty

It depends on where you find the PBX. Mine was only $15 at the phone show, but the sellers on eBay tend to be crazy and want $100 for them. Check eBay once in a while for one and eventually you might see one at a non-insane price. And yes, the PBX rings loud, VERY loud!  ;D

AET

It's going on my 'search' list right now LOL.
- Tom

bellsystemproperty

Also remember Craigslist sometimes has good stuff. Look there once in a while.

AET

I 'craigslist' 3 times a week for phone stuff, usually nothing good in my area.  But I won't give up! Thanks for the advice.
- Tom

bwanna

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on November 30, 2009, 12:50:38 AM
Well, I have my shelves up finally, here is a pic (not all my phones are on them)

nice display, tom. i like your clock & radio  :)
donna

McHeath

That looks good.  What's that brown 500 in the lower left corner's story?  It's an unusual color. 

Dan/Panther

Quote from: McHeath on November 30, 2009, 09:28:31 AM
That looks good.  What's that brown 500 in the lower left corner's story?  It's an unusual color. 

Tom;
Isn't that the phone that you got, taht was painted a bronze color?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bwanna

i don't have a display of phones  :o persay. i use about 6 around the house. but thought i would show one of my favs, placed amongst a portion of my fiesta ware. i DO need more shelves for the dishes. ::)

egads!!! whose cell phone is that ;)
donna

Jester

I like the FiestaWare display, Bwanna.  Homer Laughlin is a favorite maker of mine, too.  Say, that aqua 500 looks familiar!
Stephen

AET

Thank you.  I just got the clock last week, St. Vinnie's find.  Chimes nice, runs a little slow.  I bought the radio for 5 bucks, 1951 silvertone. Doesn't work, needs a couple tubes and capacitors. 

The brown one on the bottom is the hand-done bronze job that is my current project, trying to get her to ring, but have little time do do so.  My most recent phone, the harvest gold on the second shelf is next after that, also doesn't ring, just kind of buzzes like it's trying to.

Quote from: bwanna on November 30, 2009, 09:09:06 AM
Quote from: AtomicEraTom on November 30, 2009, 12:50:38 AM
Well, I have my shelves up finally, here is a pic (not all my phones are on them)

nice display, tom. i like your clock & radio  :)
- Tom

McHeath

Tom, that Harvest Gold phone is a great color, we had that color for years when I was a kid on our kitchen 554.

Bwanna, what a cool display of fiesta ware.  We often see fiesta ware in our local shops, it's pretty popular here. 

AET

Quote from: McHeath on November 30, 2009, 11:17:29 PM
Tom, that Harvest Gold phone is a great color, we had that color for years when I was a kid on our kitchen 554.

My dad came into my room today and spotted the harvest gold one right away.  he told me the one he put in his room when he was a teenager (1970s) was the same color.
- Tom

bellsystemproperty

Oh my PBX "kinda" died today. :'( :'( It is making burning smells but works, so I disconnected it, at least until I can correct the issue or replace it. While it works I don't want it to burn the house down melting my precious 500s. My PBX is just the occasional bad egg Tom, most probably don't do this. (i hope  ;D)

bwanna

stephen, thot you might notice the 500.  ;)  it is almost "fiesta" turquoise in color. kudos for knowing of homer laughlin. :o

heath, with all the california potteries, surprised you find fiesta out there. it is hit or miss here in mich. alot of mine came from indiana & ohio. my dining room is literally wall to wall fiesta & harlequin ::)
donna

jsowers

Donna, I like your Fiestaware too. I remember selling it when I helped my parents sell at the flea market. Once I found a Fiesta relish tray with all the inserts at a yard sale for $5. I think it was blue with red, yellow and green inserts. We sold it at the flea market for a whole lot more than $5.

In addition to phones, I collect Blue Ridge dinnerware, hand painted in Erwin, TN in the 1940s and 50s. I display it in my dining area in a corner cupboard that belonged to my great-great-great grandfather Sowers, which may be my most prized posession. The dishes on the row next to the top row were Granny Sowers' dish pattern. Those yellow flowers would really wake you up! I remember eating breakfast at her house many times on those dishes. The smell of bacon frying and toast will always remind me of Granny. I attached a picture of the dishes in the cupboard.

To get back to phones, I also have in my dining area a shelf unit with Trimlines, 2702s and a few Design Line type phones. I posted that one too. The light gray Trimline was a BIN I was lucky to get. The rest mostly came from eBay, friends and thrift stores. Next to it are two more large shelf units with more phones.

Needless to say, there isn't much room for the table and chairs in my dining room. I have to move some of the phones out when I have the family over to eat, which isn't very often.
Jonathan