News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Replies to CRPF Auction Contest Phone Index and Images

Started by TelePlay, January 10, 2017, 09:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Due to the recent Picasa external image hosting site disaster and the fact that each time I went into Photobucket it was changed in some way (including more popups, more ads and different ways to use that site that made it near useless), I migrated all of the auction contest phone images from that site to the CRPF where they can be viewed as long as the forum exists.

The glossary is stuck to the top of the auction contest page

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=17437.0

The first post is the list of phones in order of contest. Items can be searched using the Edit Find feature of you browser. The list is broken into groups of 30 phones so the replies could be posted with 6 images of 5 phones each. Clicking on any group of 30 contests will take you to the images for those contests. I did add the "sold" price to each contest listed for quick reference.

The replies contain 6 images of 5 wide phones and each of the 6 images can be clicked on and that image will open up in a new window. Once there, you can click on any place in the photo, on top of an interesting phone for example, to enlarge that part of the image to nearly full screen. Clicking on that enlarged image will shrink the image back to 5 wide.

Each of the replies has a "Back to Top" link in the text area which if clicked will take you back to the glossary "index." If you a viewing a group of images you went to by clicking on a group of 30 in the glossary "first" post, using the browser "Back" function (arrow) will take you back the the group of 30 you were looking at before you clicked on it.

As always, once you see the phone and know the contest number, you can go to the actual contest to get more information about that particular phone.

Hope this helps those who use the past contests for the information found within them.

Jim Stettler

Teleplay,
This is a very great resource and a whole lot of work on your part.
Thank-you,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

TelePlay

One thing nice about launching something new late at night is that the few who are on line can point out bugs and I can fix them before everyone wakes up.

Should work fine, as planned, now and it will no longer open up new windows. Learned some new code tonight.

AE_Collector

Uh oh...more trouble, no matter which group of links is clicked on it takes you to the first post of pictures. Should it not take you to the exact post of 30 different phones depending on which group of links was clicked on?

Terry

TelePlay

Quote from: AE_Collector on January 13, 2017, 12:31:00 AM
Uh oh...more trouble, no matter which group of links is clicked on it takes you to the first post of pictures. Should it not take you to the exact post of 30 different phones depending on which group of links was clicked on?

Yes, trouble with a capital "T" that rhymes with "P" and that means  . . .

Well, sure am glad it's late so I can kill these bugs in the dead of night.

All fixed.

Just one little code issue copied some 10 times so 10 bugs, or so, but it should be working now. Let me know here if there are any other issues.