News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Who wants to be on C*NET?

Started by bellsystemproperty, April 02, 2010, 08:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

I have not used, nor received any calls on my C*NET number the last year. The Callcentric solves most of my needs except emergency numbers in Norway.  All calls to other +1 7777 numbers are free, to register such number are free.  When you want to be able to call regular phones, they want you to pay, not extremely surprising, but not expensive, and I got a New York number.  Since my wife want to keep our Norwegian number, we have a Norwegian SIP account to, including emergency numbers, this is totally separated from my other phones, (more expensive than Callcentric, locked ATA, and If I want to use my own ATA they will charge us an extra monthly fee of approx $3.5) So my wife uses the only regular touch tone phone i our house for that. 

dsk

tallrick

I joined Cnet back in the early 2000's and used it regularly ut a few years back it seemed to fade away My enum got messed up and I have yet to get back in Going to make it a priority soon !

andy1702

Although I don't get many calls myself on C*net, I do get regular calls into my server to listen to various historic recordings that are hosted there. There's quite a lot to listen to and lots of people have recordings that are accessible 24/7. For those who don't already know, check out www.ckts.info for the directory listings.
Call me on C*net 0246 81 290 from the UK
or (+44) 246 81 290 from the rest of the world.

For telephone videos search Andys Shed on Youtube.

Babybearjs

??? My ata was not working, so I did a hard boot on it. it cleared out all the info and now won't connect... I just need the gateway info to reconnect... whats the setup info I need to get this thing going again?
John

andy1702

Quote from: Babybearjs on January 23, 2019, 04:20:34 PM
??? My ata was not working, so I did a hard boot on it. it cleared out all the info and now won't connect... I just need the gateway info to reconnect... whats the setup info I need to get this thing going again?

Are you still looking for ATA settings? Let me know what ATA it is and I'll see if I can help. I'm running a grandstream 502 here.
Call me on C*net 0246 81 290 from the UK
or (+44) 246 81 290 from the rest of the world.

For telephone videos search Andys Shed on Youtube.

dsk

After years with C*NET and never got it working good enough I just desided to stop using it. It is not a bad Idea, but we are only a handful of collectors here in Norway, and it seems like non of those were interested in trying.  For those of you who are interested in trying to call you may try  the numbers pictured under.  All of those should ring my phone.

dsk

PS Sipbroker numbers may be reached from a local phone number etc.  http://www.sipbroker.com/sipbroker/action/pstnNumbers;jsessionid=2E786B5797ABAD7B76F912192334579E
and:http://www.sipbroker.com/sipbroker/action/login
DS

MADhouseTelephone

With my SxS switch at home, and a single line traveling with me, I make fairly good use of C*NET.
I reserved the 624 prefix early, but had to wait for a decent internet connection before I  could really use it.
I have Verizon Wireless as my service provider,  using a Novatel T1114 cellular base station with one voice line and three ethernet plugs, as well as Wifi. One ethernet port goes directly to the rack mounted computer that supports my C*NET, and the voice line is also run to Asterisk via the T1 channel bank that interfaces with the switch. The entire set up is powered by the 48vdc switch room batteries so it all runs with no interruption during power failures.
Calls via C*NET are sent directly to the line dialed, while calls on the PSTN are answered with a prompt to dial an extension number. If an extension is not dialed, the call goes to the intercept message at 624-5414.
ADavid, MADhouse Telephone

dsk

Quote from: dsk on May 05, 2020, 08:45:39 AM
After years with C*NET and never got it working good enough I just desided to stop using it. It is not a bad Idea, but we are only a handful of collectors here in Norway, and it seems like non of those were interested in trying.  For those of you who are interested in trying to call you may try  the numbers pictured under.  All of those should ring my phone.

dsk

PS Sipbroker numbers may be reached from a local phone number etc.  http://www.sipbroker.com/sipbroker/action/pstnNumbers;jsessionid=2E786B5797ABAD7B76F912192334579E
and:http://www.sipbroker.com/sipbroker/action/login
DS

I have been a little to quick in the conclusions, now with my 3CX on a Raspberry Pi the C*NET +1 999 3011 works again.
dsk

ka1axy

Found a Grandstream 802 for a good price on eBay. My PBX has 2 unused CO lines, so it seems like a good use for at least one of them.

Fingers crossed...