News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Someone bought a RED 302 without handset, who was that.

Started by Dan/Panther, April 26, 2009, 03:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

Someone purchased a 302 without the handset. I don't normally post auctions, but here is a Red F1 handset that someone has painted gold.

http://tinyurl.com/d64btc
D/P
It only has 5 hours to go.

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Ellen

I don't think it's a home paint job.  It looks like that green-bronze camo one someone had here a little while ago.

Swamp Yankee code?   :D

edit:  skip that about my non-existent knowledge concerning home or factory paint.  Still, the camo look.

bingster

That's going to be a high price to pay for a red handset, but heaven only knows when another loose one would come up again.
= DARRIN =

Steve K

I don't think that it is a red plastic handset though.  There is a question at the end of the listing regarding the color of the inside of the handset and it is brown.  So it was probably a factory painted red one.

Dennis Markham

I believe it was Sargeguy that bought the Pekin Red 302 that was minus the handset.  If it were me, I'd hold out for the red plastic handset as Steve suggested.  Sooner or later one will come along.

Sargeguy

Thanks for keeping me in mind!  I was a bidder on that auction for a while because I think it is a factory painted bronze set (or a factory red set painted over), but was outbid.  The dial and the brown F1 are worth $$$ in their own right regardless. 

The Pekin Red 302 is still a work in progress.  I have found a set of caps.  I bought a set of cords from Old Phone Works.  All I need now is the handle.  I found a damaged Rose handle for $9.99 which is standing in until the red one shows up.  I still need to fix a couple cracks and get the thing functional. 
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409