News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Today's Flea Market Finds

Started by WEBellSystemChristian, May 17, 2015, 11:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEBellSystemChristian

I went to a four-time-a-year antiques flea market that I go to regularly. Whenever I go there, I never come home empty handed, but always come back with more than one phone.

Well, this time I came back with two phones!

The first is a 1964 Yellow WE 500; all-dates-matching from August 3rd, 1964, with the exception of the dial, which is a -56 (color code for yellow) from 1957. I talked the vendor down from $35 to $20!

The other is a North Galion in surprisingly nice shape. You guys actually helped me decide what price would be good to dicker the vendor down to (initial price was too high)! The Bakelite is very glossy and wear-free, and wherever it's a little dull, it still looks good! It took a little cleaning up, but looks great now! Thanks to you guys, I got this one from $65 to $45!

I have 'before' pictures of each of these, but they're on my smartphone, and they fail to upload due to the infamous 'security' issues!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

savageje

Excellent finds.  Both appear to be in very good condition.  That Galion is especially nice.  I love finding bakelite in the wild that has plenty of shine left.