"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Antique shop find

Started by 772ark, June 09, 2015, 02:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

772ark

First post on this site,

Went to a antique shop the other day and found 2-Western Electric 211's with 684-A subsets, and a 6017-B switch box. All in good shape with a little house paint splattered on them however. Thinking it was a good deal for $40.00 Thinking on adding a dial to one and making it my kitchen phone.

WesternElectricBen

Welcome to the Forum!

That looks like a very nice deal,  I think the subset alone would be worth $40.

Ben

paul-f

Welcome!

I agree with Ben. You did quite well!

While deciding about the dial, you can always use them as an intercom or as answer-only sets.  The paint should clean off easily.

We usually prefer to have photos hosted on this site, rather than elsewhere.  That way, if you ever move them in the future, we'll still have a record here - rather than broken links to where your photos used to be.

Clicking on the "Attachments and other options" link will allow you to append photos to your posts.  More info is in this topic:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?board=84.0
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Russ Kirk

Good find!  the paint should easily come off.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Greg G.

Welcome!  That was a steal at $40 for both including subsets!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

savageje

Very nice!  The subsets alone are worth more than what you paid.  Seems like it's getting harder to find a bargain like that in antique stores nowadays.