News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Blue Office Phone

Started by Babybearjs, March 16, 2012, 12:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

I was scanning to ebay telephones and came across this mess. looks like a 460C. the seller wants too much to start, it would take that amount just to restore the case.... (labor and time) anyway, the item number is: 280844770190 so, if anyone is interested.... go for it!
John

Babybearjs

the seller replied to my model number question, its a 464GG series phone...
John

Adam

They painted over the designation strip holder.  I'm surprised they didn't paint over the numbers on the dial...
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

canuckphoneguy

Why would anyone do that to such a nice phone?

Babybearjs

I don't know, but I'm going to find out......no one wanted it, so I bid $40.00 and won it. its going to be fun  cleaning the clear buttons! as far as the shell goes, now that its ruined, I'm going to try to repaint it another color.... the blue is pretty but I want a deeper shade~! also, just so everyone can benefit in later auctions, I'm enclosing the PSB that lists the different model numbers so if one of the "Rouge" phones shows up again, everyone can have a reference point to ID the phone.... (I hope this will help!)  John
John

Adam

Quote from: Babybearjs on March 21, 2012, 06:53:30 PM
its going to be fun  cleaning the clear buttons!

The buttons may not be clear.  There were non-illuminating-key versions of this set, those originally had solid black buttons, not clear ones.

And, it's only paint.  Why not try to strip off the paint from the shell and get the shell back to original?
Adam Forrest
C*Net 1-383-4820

HarrySmith

Actually a good deal! If I was'nt banned from buying phones right now I would have gone for it. $40.00 is very cheap for a WE multiline phone. And it still has the cover for the designation strip which is missing on most! The case should not be ruined, that paint should come off fairly easily. Good luck and keep us posted on the progress.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Babybearjs

Thanks guys! yes, I might try stripping the phone down, though.... black is getting boring.... they never offered the 400 series in colors like the 300 series... I think having a blue 400 series phone is unique! and if the buttons arent illuminated, that will just add to its uniqueness! I'm anxious to see the phone... but its about 7 to 10 days out! what do you think about a blue and gold keyset? stay tuned! this is going to be fun! my other 464 I paid $100.00 for it, so this is a bargain! thank God for OPW! at least the parts are still available!, well at least the basic parts!   John
John

Greg G.

Quote from: Babybearjs on March 21, 2012, 06:53:30 PM
I bid $40.00 and won it. ... I'm going to try to repaint it another color.... the blue is pretty but I want a deeper shade~! ...
John

JUST DON'T TURN IT INTO A LAMP!   >:(

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Babybearjs

Gotcha! why anyone would turn a telephone into a lamp is beyond me. this little gem is getting cleaned up, and put back into service! Blue or not!
John

twocvbloke

Quote from: Babybearjs on March 22, 2012, 04:07:06 PMwhy anyone would turn a telephone into a lamp is beyond me.

I dunno, the ProTelX is confused enough to not notice being turned into a lamp.... :D

(and yeah, I just accidentally broke it, pulled some wires out of some location under the PCB when opening the phone, and, I don't know where from so can't fix it!!!)

Babybearjs

someone needs to lower the wattage on that light, the phone will go into meltdown it its on too long!
John

twocvbloke

Quote from: Babybearjs on March 22, 2012, 06:09:47 PM
someone needs to lower the wattage on that light, the phone will go into meltdown it its on too long!

It's only a 12 Watt CFL... :D

That said, it's a GE CFL, so probably will go into meltdown... :D

Babybearjs

hey cool! now, thats thinking! 12 watts works!
John

Adam

If you put a red bulb in there, or a red gel around the bulb, it would light up like the Batphone did on the original TV show...
Adam Forrest
C*Net 1-383-4820