News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I am a New Member to your Forum - Doug Rose AKA Kidphone

Started by Doug Rose, December 29, 2009, 11:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

Gee, and I thought I was addicted :D.  Kidphone, who does the dusting in your house?

Larry

Jester

Very nice, Kidphone!  Those many colored 302s are the stuff dreams are made of!  Welcome!!
Stephen

Dennis Markham

There aren't many words to describe that collection!  Amazing!

That first photo would make a great jig-saw puzzle.  Real tiny puzzle pieces.  But then again, I guess they all would. 

I'd be like a kid in a candy store looking at all those in person.  Where would one begin?  Among other phones, I really like your red, pink and blue Continentals.

Wow.  Thanks for posting those!

~Dennis

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Kidphone on December 29, 2009, 11:35:31 AM
My name is Doug Rose and I am a new member of your forum, but not a new collector. ......Doug   aka "Kidphone"
Hi Doug,
I am glad you found the forum, It is a lot funner than the list servers have been (lately).
You have a great collection.
Your collection is a prime example of what happens once the telephone collecting infection takes hold.

I have been fortunate enough that I have been only mildly infected.
Jim S.

Jim Stettler
TCI/ATCA #1556
classicrotaryphones.com
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

stub

Kidphone,  
               Welcome , very impressive collection !!!!!!!!! That's what I hope mine will look like in 30 yrs.          stub1953
Kenneth Stubblefield

Dan/Panther

WOW KID phone says it all....
I'm partial to 302's, boy you took the wind out of my sails with your 302 collection.
I would like to say I hope my collection looks like yours in 30 years, It might, I'll only be 90.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

JorgeAmely

Doug:

Welcome to the forum. Are the tours of your collection during weekends only?
Outstanding, and very well organized.  :o
Jorge

AET

Wow, that is one extensive collection!  It's really something to give us newbies hope.  Something to aspire to.
- Tom

dsk

What a great collection!
And the first picture included this:

The only I recognized as Norwegian. Not the nicest, but ....one of those from Norway.
Strange but recognizing something familiar gives a special feeling.

Most impressed of the payphones.

Regards
dsk

Dewdrop

Kidphone,

A BIG Welcome to a BIG, BIG, BIG, phone collector. Your phone room is like a phone wonderland. I'm one of the newest members here. The folks (very knowledgeable) here helped me get my black WE 302 up and going. I noticed you have what looks like a gray Connecticut to the left of the TV. I was given one a few weeks ago. Yours is the third one I've ever seen. Your collection is totally awesome.

Debbie
Debbie

finlover

HOLY MOLY--what a treasure trove!!!  It's a privilege to have you aboard, Sir!

Doug Rose

It is certainly a great feeling to see the enthusiasm that all of you have for Telephones. In the other clubs that I am in, vintage telephones seem to have taken a back seat , which is why I reached out to you. I enjoy this hobby very much. There is still no better feeling than getting a beat up piece of history and restoring it to its past glory. When I give one for a gift, people are amazed that it still works! And that RING!!   ....thanks again.....Kidphone
Kidphone

McHeath

Geepers, what an amazing collection!  I see you have a clear 302, what's the story on that?  And welcome to the forum.

Doug Rose

Quote from: Dewdrop on December 30, 2009, 08:32:43 AM
Kidphone,

A BIG Welcome to a BIG, BIG, BIG, phone collector. Your phone room is like a phone wonderland. I'm one of the newest members here. The folks (very knowledgeable) here helped me get my black WE 302 up and going. I noticed you have what looks like a gray Connecticut to the left of the TV. I was given one a few weeks ago. Yours is the third one I've ever seen. Your collection is totally awesome.

Debbie

Thanks Debbie....A appreciate your comments. As you see from my room, I am rather partial to the 302s....thanks....Kidphone
Kidphone